How to install WiiMC for idiots

Home Forums Help and Support How to install WiiMC for idiots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    attend
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    Sorry to sound so new with this stuff but quite frankly I’ve never done any wii “modding”. I’m trying to figure out how to get this WiiMC channel installed and up and running but I cant figure any of this stuff out. Im sure theres a post on here I can’t find but most that i’ve seen are not quite “dumb friendly” for me. Would it be possible for someone to post a reply with some instructions on how to get from beginning to end on an untouched Wii. I see all this info on needing to use a WAD manager to install things and download a channel installer and put in your apps folder and I just dont even know where to begin. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance.

james4204
    Participant

There isn’t much to “install” as far as homebrew like WiiMC go. Both WiiBrew and the Complete SoftMOD Guide sum up the process in less than half a page.

Essentially you just need to make sure that you have the HomeBrew Channel v1.0.8+ installed using IOS58. If this is the first time installing WiiMC, you then just unzip the WiiMC 1.1.1 (New Install) and WiiMC Channel Installer 1.6 packages into your SD card’s root directory preserving the folder structure. You should then see a WiiMC entry to install the WiiMC channel in the HomeBrew Channel, run the channel installer once, and then you can delete it after the channel successfully installs.

You should now be able to run WiiMC via the WiiMC channel on your Wii’s Menu or using the WiiMC entry in your HomeBrew Channel.

-Happy Holidays! []D

rodries
    Keymaster

And in case it isn’t clear, even once you’ve installed the WiiMC Channel, you must still have the SD card inserted and have /apps/wiimc/boot.dol on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password