Installing IOS202 DISables USB Support!

Home Forums Help and Support Installing IOS202 DISables USB Support!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Hi, since the last release of WiiMC (1.0.3) didn’t work on my Wii at all (codedump right a way on startup) I’m using the newest Wiimc 1.0.3 Revision 324 (which I downloaded here: http://www.wii-homebrew.com)

With no IOS202 installed everything runs perfectly as long as I start WiiMC through the HBC. I can do DVD Playback and run Videos from USB.

BUT:
    a) with no IOS202 installed, the Forwarder Channel (from the installer in your download section) would keep prompting me to plug in an SD card
    b) with IOS202 installed, the WiiMC would work from the Forwarder Channel as well as through HBC, BUT both ways without USB and DVD Playback support (only SD and Data-DVD supported)

I have a Wii running on Systemmenu 4.2E, Hermes cIOS rev4 on slot 222 and 223 as well es Waninkoko cIOS rev17 on Slot 249 and newest DVDx from the Hackmii installer 0.6. IOS36 is trucha bug enabled.

Any help please?

rodries
    Keymaster

It’s not possible that DVD works without 202 installed. So I have no idea about the truth of the rest of your statements. 🙄

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Hmm, ok ok just tested it, you’re actually right.

Now, I just removed IOS202 from my system (with Any Title Deleter): USB support now works again(if WiiMC is booted through HBC), but for DVD it’s also only data support, I didn’t realize that before, I’m sorry about that. Before my last post I had just tested USB and expected anything else to function like in MPlayerCE, considering both of those apps share a lot of their code… guess I was wrong. But USB support runs perfect as long as I don’t have IOS202 installed.

As far as the forwarder goes, I have now written down the exact words that appear on the screen:

Could not find a valid SD or USB device – one is required for normal operation.

So this is trying to use the forwarder with no IOS202 installed. 😕

In a nutshell:
    – There is probably a bug in the Forwarder Channel, which makes it refuse to run if there’s no IOS202 installed.
    – There’s gotta be some bug in the recent Release 1.0.3 which makes the app to not run at all on my system, whereas the latest compiled build (rev324) doesn’t crash
    – There is some kind of problem which makes WiiMC – at least on my Wii – disable the USB feature with IOS202 installed for some reason. 🙁

I installed IOS202 with the provided installer from the download section by the way.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

OK, as obviously nobody wanted to help me I just did some tests and figured out some stuff by myself.

DVD support actually DOES work with IOS202 installed, I only didn’t FIND it, because it is not listed in the Video tab but as a completly new tab. Call me stupid, but I guess I’m not the only user who had this problem. This is not actually a bug, but the fact that I overlooked the DVD button on top shows that it would be a good idea to rethink this whole tab-thing. Wouldn’t it be better to just be able to first select a source, then browse through it and after all to be able to play a file that I select? It’s pretty unusual to select the filetype BEFORE starting to browse, isn’t it? Well, maybe thats just my opinion.

Second problem was that USB didn’t seem to work after I installed IOS202, but worked perfectly without having IOS202 installed. Well, I found out that it DOES continue to work with IOS202 installed, but only on the USB Slot which is used by USB Backup-Loaders to connect an external harddrive (which I do). How come that both USB slots are enabled without having IOS202 installed, but only one of those with IOS202 installed? Is that gonna be fixed one day or is there no chance to do that?

rodries
    Keymaster

Only one slot is designated USB2, the other is saved for USB LAN adapter. This is the way it has to be, for now, until code is written to identify when a USB LAN adapter is plugged in and hand it over to IOS.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

So this is a problem of IOS202 rather than a bug in WiiMC? Hmm, so that means chances are pretty low, that this will be fixed one day, considering that all the other cIOSes also have been unsing that USB slot literally for ages

rodries
    Keymaster

It’s not a bug, we chose to do it this way, otherwise people with USB LAN would be out of luck. But you will likely see a fix some day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password