Interactive DVDs

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Interactive DVDs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Devs,

I want to say thanks for WiiMC.

I would like to know if the interactive DVDs produced by Digital Leisure, which are essentially on-rails shooter with the DVD player remote, would work on WiiMC? I do not own any of the interactive DVD-Video games, but I would like to bring this to the Devs attention and perhaps he knows the answer. If there is a chance the interactive DVD-Video games will work. I can purchase the interactive DVD games I am interested in, more specifically the following eight (8) games:

– Who Shot Johnny Rock?
    – Crime Patrol
    – Crime Patrol 2: Drug Wars
    – Space Pirates
    – Dragon’s Lair III
    – Thayer’s Quest
    – Hologram Time Traveler
    – Shadoan

Some of you may already realize that some of the games produced by Digital Leisure happens to already have an official wii release. These include the following seven (7) games:

– Fast Draw Showdown (Wiiware)

Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger 3 Pack (disc)
    – Mad Dog McCree
    – Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold
    – The Last Bounty Hunter

Dragon’s Lair Trilogy (disc)
    – Dragon’s Lair
    – Dragon’s Lair II: Time Warp
    – Space Ace

Feel free to check out the link of where the DVDs originated from:
    http://www.digitalleisure.com/contents/DVDVideo_games.htm

I don’t have a problem buying the DVD games and ripping them. But I just would like to know if WiiMC will support them. If not, would future work be done to incorporate another release of WiiMC to allow for these interactive games to work? I could provide clean rips and make them available to the Devs. Sorry if I said something I shouldn’t have with that statement. (Mods please edit as you feel necessary.)

I only bring this up because I am a huge, huge, fan of American Laser Games, and more specifically the light gun games. The first game I would like to pick up from ebay is “Who Shot Johnny Rock?”. Also, could it be possible to change the “hand” used as an on-screen cursor to a “cross-hair” cursor to make the game seem more like an on-rails shooter?

Perhaps there could be a game directory on the SD card for WiiMC to access the stored games that I want to rip, and save them in one folder, so that I wouldn’t have to use the actual DVDs after they have been ripped. I could also provide cover art by scanning the box/case.

I look forward to the responses from the Devs. If you want to send me a PM and discuss this elsewhere, just send me a PM. I look forward to working with the Devs on this if they have interest.

Thanks so much,
    KL

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I’ve been able to get a DVD of “Who Shot Johnny Rock?”, and I’ve made an ISO of the DVD. Placed the ISO on the SD card. The intro video plays which is 2 minutes 18 seconds long. The video looks really great, as it far exceeds the video from game consoles like the 3DO and Sega CD and a few others that the game was also released on. The DVD version is the must have version for best looking video and the audio is great as well, as expected from DVD quality.

After the intro video finishes playing, I come to the menu screen with the following three (3) options:

Play
    Previews
    Exit

Sadly, I am not able to use the wii remote to select any of the options. After about a minute, the intro video will play again. This process repeats itself over and over. Does anyone know how to select options within dvd menus?

I can make available the ISO if anyone wants it. I didn’t try the nunchuk or any pro-controllers. Guess, I’ll try them now.

BTW, the DVD game works on the PC with VLC player. So there must be hope ^.^

bobnabob
    Participant

Their is an option under settings to skip the menu that might help you.
    I think on some DVD menus the gui is off a little and you have to click under, above, or next to the actual menu icon.
    Others, i think the trigger box is smaller than normal and takes time to find the right spot to click. These issues may bleed into your game play, not sure. i have never tried what you doing.
    Anyways…

Hope this helps and good luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@emerkamp wrote:

Their is an option under settings to skip the menu that might help you.
    I think on some DVD menus the gui is off a little and you have to click under, above, or next to the actual menu icon.
    Others, i think the trigger box is smaller than normal and takes time to find the right spot to click. These issues may bleed into your game play, not sure. i have never tried what you doing.
    Anyways…

Hope this helps and good luck.

Yep, you are right, the spot where I should be aiming is off, which makes it difficult. Oddly enough, I’ve managed to memorize the spots where I need to shoot in order to hit the targets….which is to the lower left of the actual target.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password