Invalid DVD error with data dvds

Home Forums Help and Support Invalid DVD error with data dvds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cadeyrn
    Participant

Hey,
    I have a bit of a problem here. I made a ton of data dvds with avi’s on them. but when I try to put one in, WiiMC tells me that its an invalid DVD. I use the option in the video catagory. I have the most updated version of the program as well. I am not sure what i am doing wrong, or if i am missing a key element. It will play retail dvds fine, but i can’t seem to get the data ones to work.
    any help would be much appriciated.

rodries
    Keymaster

If you’re just trying to press the DVD button at the top, you can’t do that. You’ll have to go through from the Videos tab and click on DVD.

Cadeyrn
    Participant

I have tried both, just in case, but I’ve been going to the Data DVD option under the Videos tab, not the DVD icon. Ive googled it and checked the forum and I cant seem to find an answer to my problem.

rodries
    Keymaster

Perhaps you’re burning in the wrong format. Only ISO9660 is supported, not Joliet or UDF.

Cadeyrn
    Participant

allright, that must be my problem, i just checked my nero settings and it was ISO9660+joliet, although i am not entirely sure what that means, i havent looked into that yet. I will try burning solely as ISO9660 and see how it works.

Thank you

sony
    Participant

A question….
    Are you using the DVD of the Wii, or a USB external DVD?
    If you use the DVD of the Wii … Wii must be chipped.
    (Am I right?)

rodries
    Keymaster

No, you don’t need a modchip. But newer Wiis don’t play anything.

But notice he’s saying commercial DVDs play fine – so you can rule some things out by that statement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password