invalid video link?

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares invalid video link?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    phenom
    Participant

hi, im having problems playing online library links. i add videos like megavideo and videobb, but it comes up as “invalid video link”. it used to work fine several weeks ago. how do i get them to work?

Linlhutz
    Participant

I got the same problem. And there is no longer “watch directly” options. ximarx help 😉

zany130
    Participant

Maybe video link is not valid…? Check with the browser, maybe the video was removed.

Otherwise (if you use premium account for megavideo) try go inside the megavideo plugin configuration page and update username/password fields (so vlc-shares will refresh the authentication to megavideo).

phenom
    Participant

but the megavideo links i add are perfectly fine and valid , its only the browse section and on the wiimc that says invalid link. so dont u think something wrong with the vlcshares? u think chaltier and i are stupid for not checking if the link we add is broken?

zany130
    Participant

I gave you all options. Try all, then try enabling the debug log… (this is a standard procedure if you are in troubles. I don’t have a crystall ball)

lokiMidgard
    Participant

I have same problem as well

zany130
    Participant

Someone give me a debug log: how can i help you if the only thing you do is yell “it doesn’t work”?

Tell me a thing: did you install real-debrid plugin (with or without the premium account)?

Linlhutz
    Participant

Well I reinstall all vlc folders , reinstall real-debrid plugin but still got invalid YouTube video link. Perhaps my system is crushing or something in windows doing something.

Last time works perfectly fine, it broke whene youtube change it’s link so the youtube did not work on Wiimc 1.1.8 anymore. And after the update to 1.1.9 youtube works but not in VLC no idea whats is wrong. I try VLS on my second PC and let you known if it worked. THANK YOU “ximarx” for fast answers and great VLC and your hard work.

And guys it is as he seys ” HE DOESN’T HAVE A CRYSTALL BALL ” every pc is diffrent so it hard to correctly answer all problems not sitting in front of the monitor ;p

cheers

zany130
    Participant

Youtube doesn’t work because google changed page layout.

Real-Debrid plugin shouldn’t be installed if you don’t own a real-debrid’s premium account.

Linlhutz
    Participant

well after installing vlc on my second pc got watch directly option for example anime ftw or narutoget. Invalid youtube link is no more but didnt have watch directly options on WII that option is awaiable on PC — VLC — browser any idea ??

phenom
    Participant

i uninstalled real debrid and now its fine! i can “watch directly” again. and im sorry if i was rude in my comment i really need to control my temper. god bless u for ur hard work to entertain others for free ximarx

zany130
    Participant

Use real-debrid plugin only if you own a premium account of real-debrid.

Anyway, pls (for you and others): when you are in trouble don’t post here just yelling “it doesn’t work”. Remember to attach always (or send me in a pm) a complete debug log. Instruction of how to get it can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/wiki/PostInstallConfiguration054En#How_to_enable_Debug_log

zany130
    Participant

@chaltier wrote:

Invalid youtube link is no more but didnt have watch directly options on WII that option is awaiable on PC — VLC — browser any idea ??

Youtube rtsp stream cannot be viewed directly from wiimc, so direct watch is disabled for rtmp stream. You have to use transcoded mode

Linlhutz
    Participant

but it worked fine not long time ago ?? so in short no more “watch directly” for youtube ??

zany130
    Participant

It worked fine because i don’t use rtsp stream when an http stream is available. Now, google changed the page layout of youtube pages, so vlc-shares fail to fetch the http stream url and fallback to the rtsp stream.

So, in short: “no more watch directly for now” 😛

Edit: please update youtube plugin to the new version

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password