ios202 and wiixplorer

Home Forums Help and Support ios202 and wiixplorer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mooh
    Participant

WiiXplorer has a cool feature that allows you to display your installed channels. This feature is dependent on Hermes Cios202 (base 36 merged with 60) and when you install the new ios202 by Wiimc team. Wiixplorer stops displaying channels. All of this is well established. I was just wondering why this happens?

Also, is there a solution that makes both programs work well with each other? I am aware that Wiixplorer works fine with Tantrics new ios202 minus channel support. But I want the best of both world. (don’t we all hehe)

Skanksta
    Participant

Actually believe it’s both channels and FTP in WiiXplorer that have issues with IOS 57. You can go up to Hermes 202 v5.1 and everything works with WiiXplorer, but you have to use 5.1 with base 38. However, after the update to WiiMC 1.5, this no longer fully works between both apps anymore as USB in WiiMC is no longer detected. So you can either use the WiiMC 202 v5.2 and get everyting working in WiiMC but have some features broken in WiiXplorer, or roll back to a previous version of 202 and get everything working in WiiXplorer but not in WiiMC (Or even just roll back to WiiMC 1.4). I kept the update but went back to Hermes 202 5.1, as don’t use my USB drive for anything with WiiMC (SMB, etc work fine), so don’t mind if USB doesn’t show currently, and still have everything working in WiiXplorer. But yes, it would be nice to get both working fully again with the latest versions.

I should mention one reason that I did happen to like the 202 v5.2, was that it corrected a minor issue with using DNS name for my SMB share. Previously, every first time it would try to access the share, WiiMC would give a not responding – retry message, but then load it anyway when i hit OK. I would not get that message if I used the IP address of the share however. This happened in WiiMC 1.4 and 1.5 with other 202 versions (even using IOS 57), so it looks like something else in version 5.2 has fixed that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password