ios202 base 57

Home Forums Feature Suggestions ios202 base 57

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mooh
    Participant

In a converstation I was having with Dimok, I was talking about ios202 base 57 vs base 60. And I just wanted to share this with the forum.

Dimok said the following,
    “Don’t you think it’s a bit unfair that I have to switch the IOS? Tantric shouldn’t have forced the new IOS for those apps but use another slot or the base 60. As far as i got by now there will be a change to that soon and another base IOS or another slot will be used for Tantrics apps.

OK I just saw that v1.0.6 of WiiMC reverts the force of the new IOS202. You can now freely use another base IOS, like 60 or 38.”

I do think it is a bit unfair. I think there needs to be some standards put in place for ios development. As a user I don’t care what developers used just as long as its consistent. I’m sure Tantric feels the same way. I see from your last post that he has reverted back. That makes me happy. There is no guarantee that he will keep it that way.
    I understand why Hermes let you pick and choose what base you want for ios202, but on the flip side I think that was kind of a mistake. Such tools should only be used by developers and keep out of the hands of the general public. Tantrics installer is nice for this very reason. Its too bad it was inconsistent with other programs.

-Sam

Thanks for all you have done with your program. It is by far one of the best and most used homebrew for the wii. It has almost become a complete system menu replacement. I don’t know if that is where you were headed with it, but I can see it becoming that in the future.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password