IOS58 and HBC reinstall question / opinion

Home Forums Help and Support IOS58 and HBC reinstall question / opinion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    p.xoni
    Participant

Hi all,
    I was wondering if some of you “techs” out there could lend me your opinion on the process I documented below. Are there an problems with it, in your opinion ? 😕

If anyone is having “Install Failed” error when trying to run Tantric’s IOS58 installer. You can try this

-Ensure you have HBC Backup installed (refer to Mauifrog’s mod manual). It uses a different ios (ios61) then standard hbc ios58, so you can safely nuke ios58 and STILL run a version of HBC (Backup)
    -ensure you have Tantric’s IOS58 Installer in apps folder
    -get MMM-58-61_Hackmii_0.8_BB2.zip and put boot.elf into sd:appsupdateHBC . I found this in Bannerbomb v2 for 4.2e Wii system. This is the standard HBC installer. You just run this later from HBC to update itself so that it’s using ios58
    -copy AnyTitle Deleter to apps folder and run it from HBC Backup, delete ios58, reboot
    -go into HBC Backup, run ios58 installer, it will now work and not fail, reboot
    -go into HBC Backup, run the last program that will not have a cover image but is in the directory “updateHBC”. Run it. This reinstalls HBC into ios58

Your done!

p.s. I found deleting ios58 from MMM failed, and you still could not reinstall ios58 any way I tried.
    Below does not work, IMO 🙁
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/278219-ios58-installer-problem/page__st__15

nala310
    Participant

your method is a great alternative to ios 58 issues.
    MMM isnt always the best tool and i have had issues with it before.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password