IOS58 vs IOS60

Home Forums Help and Support IOS58 vs IOS60

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rondar
    Participant

As I understand it, the directions require IOS58 to be used with WiiMC. Are higher versions (IOS60) working substitutes for IOS58, from a WiiMC installation point of view?

If it is not, what are the potential impacts to existing homebrew apps? I’d would like to avoid boogering up a USB loader: the idea of children handling $50 disks is a nightmare.

rodries
    Keymaster

The only two IOSs that won’t give you a warning message are IOS58 and IOS61.

Install either of those two and you’re fine – but I’d recommend IOS58 over 61. There’s a few technical reasons why, but if for no other reason than that’s the IOS we test on, I’d suggest you get that one. It has absolutely no detrimental impact on anything to install IOS58. 🙂

Rondar
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

The only two IOSs that won’t give you a warning message are IOS58 and IOS61.

Install either of those two and you’re fine – but I’d recommend IOS58 over 61. There’s a few technical reasons why, but if for no other reason than that’s the IOS we test on, I’d suggest you get that one. It has absolutely no detrimental impact on anything to install IOS58. 🙂

Thank you!!! I am using 60. I assume that what is said above applies to 60?

rodries
    Keymaster

60 is a System Menu IOS. It is not supported.

So yes, what I said applies to IOS60, IOS30, IOS36. Every IOS except 58 and 61. They are all unsupported.

Rondar
    Participant

I’d like to think that I followed the directions diligently, however, because of my results, I do not think that this is the case. I copied WiiMC to my SD card: apps/wiimc/boot.dol.

Theses are my observations:
    ==========================
    Home Brew Channel => Home Button on Wii-mote => Upper right hand corner:
    * Home Brew Channel (HBC) = 1.0.8
    * IOS58 V24.31

Wii System Settings 1: Ver 4.0U

Preloader v0.29 Observations:
    * System menu v417,
    * IOS v60
    Not really sure why preloader reports IOSv60 and HBC IOS58. Maybe this is causing the issues observed? UPDATE: I think that IOSv60 is the System Menu IOS and is a configuratble parameter in HBC.

Observed Issues:
    ===============
    1) preloader message: “Error autobooting HBC. maybe title not installed?
    2) invoked WiiMC: five seconds later – black screen CRASH. Error message: Exception (DSI) occurred! UPDATE: instead of crashing, it returns control to the previous menu from which it ws invoked.

I am hypothesizing that issues 1) and 2) may be rooted in the same cause. I tried to take detailed notes (attachment) as I ran through the exercise. Any insight are appreciated. If I can provide any more info, let me know. Any detailed corrective action or references would be very helpful.

UPDATE: Successfully installed WiiMC channel: invokes WiiMC, however it crashes as described in observed issue 2)

ASTUR2000
    Participant

Preloader 0.29 will not work with HBC 1.0.8.
    There is a modded version called Priiloader that will work with the latest HBC.

Rondar
    Participant

@pallbearer: thanks for the update. I am hoping that Tantric will weigh in with regard to WiiMC crashing on my machine before I endevour to fix the preloader HBC boot issue and the WiiMC crash issue. I appreciate the community’s input and time.

Update: HBC boot issue resolved with PriiLoader. Avoided crash by using OEM Wii controller. Avoided stack dump crash by not using 760GB USB HDD.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password