Is channel update required?

Home Forums Help and Support Is channel update required?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jamied486
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been using 1.0.6 quite happily with what I believe is an older channel version. This morning I allowed the 1.0.9 update to be installed. I don’t actually use USB currently for video; I only use SMB shares, which, most of the time work very well.

I’m wondering if I actually need to install the latest channel version. What I have now seems to work. Are there good reasons to update?

Note, that I’ve lost track of whether I have 58 installed. I’m pretty sure I installed 202 back when I first installed 1.0.4 of wiimc because it mentioned that wi-fi performance was better.

Oh, and I’m running v3.4 of the WII menu.

Thanks

ezwiimc

rodries
    Keymaster

Yes, I would strongly recommend updating the channel. Typically channels don’t change, but in this case there’s a major shift from IOS202 to IOS58 happening.

The older channel starts on IOS37, reloads 202, then loads WiiMC. WiiMC reloads to 58.
    The newer channel starts on IOS58, then loads WiiMC.

37 > 202 > 58 is messy business and something could go wrong.

Install IOS58 first, then update HBC so it uses IOS58, then install the channel. You should only have to do all this once.

jamied486
    Participant

Thanks for that Tantric.

You’re amazingly responsive here. It’s great to see the app so well supported.

zerobscure
    Participant

I wish I could use the new channel 1.4 but it does not find my usb drive. It powers it down then back up but wiimc ends up not seeing it. However reverting back to channel 1.2 made everything work again. Now finds usb every time. I hope using the older channel won’t hurt anything????? Will try a new channel when it becomes available.

I am using wiimc 1.0.9 with ios 58 on both wiimc and homebrew.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password