Is my Wii capable of DVD playback?

Home Forums Help and Support Is my Wii capable of DVD playback?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msxfreak
    Participant

I swear I had it playing DVD movies when I first modded it over a year ago.
    Just tried to play DVD and it says the Wii is not capable.
    The drive date is 20091121
    Serial KU35236111

I got the most recent updates for Homebrew Channel and WiiMC.

bobnabob
    Participant

I’m not sure exactly how wiimc code checks for this,but i know you will get this message if your not in “ABPROT” mode,aka running under ios58.Maybe bad install”.I think the only way to know for sure is to open your wii and check your chipset.this is because some refurbished wii’s for canadia had some legs cut on the dvd drive chip to prevent reading movies.Thier is a website that can use your serial# and give you Guess-tamate.My wii has quit reading dvd’s severial times and has just needed the eye cleaned,but i have never got the “dvd drive incapatible” message.I only get a message saying “dvd read error” or “can’t read dvd” on such wii’s.If you have neogamma installed it can also tell if your drive is dvd capabile or not. You can also share your Pc dvd drive and read dvd’s with the smb function.

Edit: I meant to say: Some Referbished Wii’s imported to the USA from Canadia had legs cut on the chip and were covered with an epoxy to disable dvd playback and make it harder for people to soilder leads or jumpers back to it.

msxfreak
    Participant

emerkamp,

Thanks for the reply.
    I am on ios58.
    I tried the Wiidrive website but got zero results from my serial.
    I will try Neogamma.

B

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password