ISO copies of dvds problems

Home Forums Help and Support ISO copies of dvds problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    almonacilo
    Participant

I’ve been testing some ISOs of my dvds out on 1.0.3 and have ran into a lot of problems. Some will fly through the warnings and production images ex. (lionsgate image at start of dvd) instead of showing them for 4 or 5 seconds like they do on a dvd player. Also when you get to the dvd menu to select something it just plays through in the background and won’t let you select anything. After that it will show the special features menu and play through that… it just plays through all menus automatically whether you pick them or not. Then the movie will start and the language on a lot of them is really high pitched talking or else it will just have some background effects without the talking. By pressing the down button it changes the language but it takes forever to find the language you want just by listening. It would be nice to have an option to choose the default language that all the IOS files play in so you don’t have to constantly change the language. It would also be nice to have a box that shows the different languages available as well as for the subtitles so you don’t just blindly press down or up until you manage to find the right one you need.

Another problem is the IOS will play for a while and then cut off and go back to the USB list. Some dvd seasons ex. (squidbillies vol. 1) won’t even play. It just played some music for about 2 seconds and then shot me back out at the USB list.

Sometimes if you skip forward through the dvd menus to get to the movie, by the time you get there the sound is gone. Sometimes you can rewind it to a point where the sound is back on but most of the time it doesn’t work. After this happens no matter what movie you pick (even if it worked before) it will have no sound to. If you hard reset and try again it will work again until you mess it up again.

I still get the error screen that says reload in 8 seconds at the bottom and then have to hard reset. It happens after you try to play around 5 or more dvds… which is more than last time so it has improved but is not totally fixed.

In good news the aspect ratio seems to be working properly now!

gilbertckyv9
    Participant

I have been having a similar (if not identical) problem.

Whenever I load an ISO off of a USB HDD, it will skip all the warning menus, etc., then play right through all the menus, then play the first title. If you look at the length of the video while playing, it shows the length of all titles combined, but if you try to go past the length of the first title, it will just kick you out and back to WiiMC. If you try to resume, it will act just like playing it for the first time.

I have a suspicion this might be some odd interaction between the Wii platform and the mplayer version in WiiMC (which is what actually does the playing). I was actually intending on taking a look at the code, etc. but I draw the line at debugging Mplayer just to get this feature to work… I would certainly like to hear if someone more experienced with programming on the Wii or with this project is be able to provide some insight.

Edit: The problem still persists in 1.0.4

almonacilo
    Participant

I’d say the problem will take quite a while to fix. I don’t know anything about the codes they have to put into Wiimc but I do know that VLC Media Player lets you play ISO files and select from the menus on the computer. But it looks like whatever makes VLC work on ISO files could be used in this? I really don’t know about this stuff lol I’d like to know if its at least possible or not. Otherwise I might buy one of those WD HD TV boxes for playing ISOs on tv.

gilbertckyv9
    Participant

In order to play all the types of files it does, WiiMC uses the Mplayer library (a very popular and supported code base for playing media files). Mplayer has support for ISOs, which works on other platforms, but seems to be not working on the Wii (as used by WiiMC).

VLC is a completely different entity, and not really compatible for this application, especially along with Mplayer. If what you want is to play ISOs on your Wii, you might try Mplayer-CE, which also uses the Mplayer library to play ISOs, but may actually work. If you just want to play ISOs on your TV and nothing else works, what you suggested may be the optimal solution.

wooler
    Participant

My biggest problem is:

Then the movie will start and the language on a lot of them is really high pitched talking or else it will just have some background effects without the talking.

Does the same thing in Mplayer-CE.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password