ISO file support

Home Forums Feature Suggestions ISO file support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    toxicshadow
    Participant

Can you ad in the wiimc player a possibility to read DVD video in .iso format?
    Thank you.

almonacilo
    Participant

If it doesn’t already support ISO files then I agree. Most dvds are in ISO format.

fishears
    Participant

It should support iso files. In Mplayer CE you had to add the iso-extension in the extensions config file.

maex-la
    Participant

@skoopman wrote:

It should support iso files. In Mplayer CE you had to add the iso-extension in the extensions config file.

If it does, I can’t seem to find how to ‘enable’ this. You’re absolutely right for MPlayer CE, when you add the iso extension to extensions config it works like a charm

rodries
    Keymaster

That extension just isn’t on the allowed list. The reason is when I tested ISO files due to the network speed it played like crap.

almonacilo
    Participant

@Tantric So do you think WiiMC will ever be able to play ISO format well? Just want to know if I should get started on changing formats

rodries
    Keymaster

Trying to stream something DVD-sized over SMB is just impractical. It can probably play ISO just fine over USB.

almonacilo
    Participant

@Tantric So it will play the dvd ISO file through a USB 2.0 hard drive? Thats what I was wanting, just something to play dvds off of a hard drive. I don’t have internet connection on my wii so streaming like netflix doesn’t matter to me lol Does external drive need to be in FAT32?

rodries
    Keymaster

NTFS should work too. I’d just have to add the ISO extension to the allowed types for the next release.

almonacilo
    Participant

@Tantric looking forward to the next release! 😆

fishears
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

NTFS should work too. I’d just have to add the ISO extension to the allowed types for the next release.

That’s weird. I ripped a DVD to my hard disk and WiiMC played the VOB files just fine without lag. Why shouldn’t the isos work?

mroli
    Participant

That isn’t the issue – it’s just the GUI is programmed to not recognize ISO files as acceptable file types for MPlayer (the backend) to play.

Will be fixed in next release, though 😉

rodries
    Keymaster

Fixed? That would imply something was broken! In this case, I purposefully chose to ignore ISO files. As I just know people will try to load them via SMB, find it slow, and complain. 🙄

Still not sure it’s a good idea to allow them!

scans
    Participant

I hope ISO files on USB will be allowed on the next release. It would be awesome. To the developers, thank you very much for this amazing application. Sometimes I forget that the wii can play games too.

almonacilo
    Participant

Its a good idea tantric… its a good idea lol 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘ISO file support’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password