ISO Files don’t recognized

Home Forums Help and Support ISO Files don’t recognized

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone!
    I wonder if someone had the same issue I have.

I created several .ISO files from some DVDs using PowerISO.
    When I copy these .ISO files to my USB Drive, WIIMC won’t recognize them as movie files. They play fine with VLC if I connect the drive to the PC.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you!

bobnabob
    Participant

Just my 2cents. It could be a number of different things.some more info would help.like does it read the drive at all.what format is it.ect,ect
    Not too sure on poweriso or whatever but i use image burner,But if your using copyrighted dvd’s this won’t help anyways.
    You say it doesn’t read or recognize as movie files,What does it recognize them as.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@emerkamp wrote:

Just my 2cents. It could be a number of different things.some more info would help.like does it read the drive at all.what format is it.ect,ect
    Not too sure on poweriso or whatever but i use image burner,But if your using copyrighted dvd’s this won’t help anyways.
    You say it doesn’t read or recognize as movie files,What does it recognize them as.

Hi! Thanks for your answer.
    The disk is NTFS. Wiimc perfectly reads and play another avi files that I copied on the same disk and folder. I can see the ISO files listed, but they won’t play (“Error loading file” is the message).
    The DVDs I created the ISO files from, are not copyrighted.
    My wii is 4.3U.
    Please, let me know if you need additional info!

Thanks!!!

bobnabob
    Participant

Ok,So we can narrow it down a little.This should rule out the usb device.It sounds more like a problem with the .Iso file itself,or the way it was created.Like i said above you might try different image softwares,image burner works great for me,but i still get stuborn video once in a while.usually not a read error though,instead trouble getting past the main menu.then i just toggle the skip main menu in the video settings.also might try a slower read speed when making the image.some software like nero for instance make thier own type of image and are restricted to how they can be played back.May even have to transcode it into a different format like .avi or mpeg. It might be the video resulution is too much for the wii and need transcoded.Also read about vlc-shares and wiimc+

Just a few things i have ran into

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!
    I’ve also tried copying the DVD files (unprotected or using DVD Shrink) to HDD and creating ISO from there. But nothing.
    It must be the format PowerISO creates is just not compatible.
    I’ll try with another software and let you know.

Regards!

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK. I’ve tried the following with PowerISO and it worked.

I went to “Image properties/General” and I checked UDF under CD/DVD file system.

Now I can play the DVD ISO file with no errors.
    Unfortunatelly it seems a very big load for the WII as the video stutters a lot. I guess I need to rip DVDs to a lower quality.
    Did this happen to you?

Thanks!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password