Known Major Issues

Home Forums Help and Support Known Major Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mroli
    Participant

Loading files from NTFS leads to Code Dump FIXED in 1.0.1 (remove this section at 1.0.2)
    This is a known issue.
    http://www.wiimc.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=10
    There appears to be a bug in the NTFS library used.

This may also occur even if you just have a USB device plugged in with NTFS.

@Tantric (on IRC) wrote:

[02:44:20] < @Tantric> ok, fantastic. that crash everyone’s getting:
    [02:44:24] < @Tantric> 805c3360: 4b ff ff 2c b 805c328c
    [02:44:24] < @Tantric> 805c3364: 38 00 00 13 li r0,19
    [02:44:24] < @Tantric> 805c3368: 38 60 ff ff li r3,-1
    [02:44:24] < @Tantric> 805c336c: 90 1c 00 00 stw r0,0(r28)
    [02:44:24] < @Tantric> 805c3370: 4b ff ff 1c b 805c328c

[02:44:33] < @Tantric> there’s your culprit

Workarounds
    Use FAT32 – not a real solution, requires reformatting, no large files.
    Unplug USB – not a real solution if reading files from USB

rodries
    Keymaster

Note that this crash can happen even if you aren’t using USB but still have a USB mass storage device plugged in.

Fimo
    Participant

Thanks for the info, I’m sure that’ll help a lot of people (I’ll tell them to pull out their HDD’s if it crashes) 🙂

@OP: If you want to fix the quote, all you have to do is put Tantric between double quotes ( Those -> ” ).

Rudyraza
    Participant

Format USB device to FAT file system. This should allow movie playback until the WIIMC NTFS is fixed.

Great work on WIIMC 🙂

dragonlight
    Participant

if fat conversion is not possible (ie file size(4g) limit, time to convert a 2tb drive, etc)
    another workaround is to samba share the drive and let the host computer resolve the ntfs issues.

maddslacker
    Participant

well at least now i know why i keep code dumping…cant wait for this issue to be fixed, looked at the player one time and fell in love with…

reman37
    Participant

Im running windows7 on host machine with smb and 1.0.1 of wiimc and my wii still froze up then went back to blank menu screen… i unplugged the usb hard drive and am trying again i will let all know if this solves the problem. ❓

UPDATE: No this made only slight difference… I made it 35 min into movie and it tried to buffer and then asked if i wanted to retry… I click retry and i got code dump and wii reboot!! I am really hoping for fix cuz i love this player!! 😥

sunnytimes
    Participant

An issue I and a couple of others are having is that we seem to get DVD ERROR’S.

However, with me, I was ABLE to play DVD’s. Then I messed around with the Wii, enabling some features, and doing some stuff, and now I can’t seem to play DVD’s.

cadbusca
    Participant

AFAIK this is all obsolete information and should be removed from the stickys.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password