Language selection for DVDs in the home menu

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Language selection for DVDs in the home menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, I think the WiiMC is a great project and I was very happy once an MPlayer alternative using pointing controls was anounced, BUT:

I’m a little bit disappointed after trying out the DVD menu support. It still doesn’t really work. I tried out some retail DVD disks (I Am Legend, Batman – The Dark Night, Enemy of the State, Lord of the Rings) and non of them really seemed to get the menu really working. I can select the menu options, but I have to point like 3 or 4 cm below the actual button which is pretty annoing, especially when the selection is pretty much at the buttom of the screen where I can’t reach it.

At least for doing language selection, I think it would be a good idea to include a little menu that pops up once you hit “home” while the movie is playing. That menu should include language and subtitle selection just like in MPlayer CE.

rodries
    Keymaster

You have to remember version 1.0 was released 2 months ago, these things will eventually improve but you can’t expect it to all be done perfectly on day 1.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

I guess you’re right, but wasn’t DVD Menu support one of the announced features for the first release of WiiMC? I was so much looking forward to somebody finally getting this done the >right< way… 🙁 Well, I hope you guys will eventually make it! I cross my fingers 🙂

By the way, I just figured out that language selection is possible with the D-Pad unsing the up and down directions. How should anybody know that? I really think some kind of a “home-menu” would be more obvious. So this is my feature suggestion for now, so to speak as a temporary solution until the DVD menus REALLY work 😉

Zack
    Participant

Hello!
    d-pad up and down for sub and lang selection are all detailed in the documentation wiki, but I agree, that ther could be some static hint graphic for those in the video playback OSD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password