linker can’t find -lmplayerwii

Home Forums Development linker can’t find -lmplayerwii

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    amps
    Participant

just like the title says:

linking … wiimc.elf
    /home/chris/Desktop/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lmplayerwii
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

any suggestions?

budd67
    Participant

Hi,

try:

dos2unix wiimc-read-only/source/mplayer/version.sh
    chmod +x wiimc-read-only/source/mplayer/version.sh
    make

The mplayer build failed for me because version bump was not possible, so libmplayerwii was not available … …

regards
    jayme

BigBolt
    Participant

@excelsior wrote:

linking … wiimc.elf
    /home/chris/Desktop/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lmplayerwii

any suggestions?

If all went ok libmplayerwii.a should be inside /wiimc/source/mplayer folder.
    Anyway, in the latest version – r205 video playback doesn’t work at all (crash with code dump vhen trying to play movies from usb hdd or from sdd with the usb hdd plugged out.)

rodries
    Keymaster

It works fine, you must have a bad compile. Try doing a make clean.

BigBolt
    Participant

Erased the whole folder, downloaded source again, now it seems that there is a problem with dsputil.c

dsputil.c: In function ‘put_h264_qpel2_mc10_c’:
    dsputil.c:2586: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
    Please submit a full bug report.

Rolled back dsputil.c to version 98 seems to resolve the problem, but then stucked in filebrowser.cpp :

filebrowser.cpp
    c:/wiimc/source/filebrowser.cpp: In function ‘int BrowserChangeFolder(bool, bool)’:
    c:/wiimc/source/filebrowser.cpp:339: error: ‘gettext’ was not declared in this scope
    c:/wiimc/source/filebrowser.cpp:343: error: ‘gettext’ was not declared in this scope
    c:/wiimc/source/filebrowser.cpp:363: error: ‘gettext’ was not declared in this scope
    c:/wiimc/source/filebrowser.cpp:367: error: ‘gettext’ was not declared in this scope
    make[1]: *** [filebrowser.o] Error 1

Rolling back filebrowser.cpp to revision 200 and the code compiles with no error.

Playback works fine, but Issue #25 is still with us 🙂
    Anyway thank you for all your hard work 😀 .

rde
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

It doesn’t work fine, it stops every time with this

linking … wiimc.elf
    c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../powerpc-eab
    i/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lntfs
    make[1]: *** [/h/Test/WiiMC/wiimc.elf] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2

Fimo
    Participant

@tristar wrote:

@Tantric wrote:

It doesn’t work fine, it stops every time with this

linking … wiimc.elf
    c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../powerpc-eab
    i/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lntfs
    make[1]: *** [/h/Test/WiiMC/wiimc.elf] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2

Did you properly compile all libs first?

rde
    Participant

@tj_cool

The supplied libs do not all compile under windows so I am using libs compiled in linux by driverx.

openjpeg, libprojectM and libntfs fail because there is no configure in the folder

$ ./configure –host=powerpc-eabi –prefix=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc” –libdir
    =”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib”
    sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

presumably then, it cannot compile correctly until the configure file is included for these libs ?

rodries
    Keymaster

Listen, they DO compile fine. I only use Windows. So don’t spread that crap.

You have to use Msys to configure, make, and make install
    For libntfs you just need to make and make install.
    libprojectM isn’t even used!

It isn’t rocket science, but sometimes with these things you have to use a little problem-solving skills.

rde
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Listen, they DO compile fine. I only use Windows. So don’t spread that crap.

You have to use Msys to configure, make, and make install
    For libntfs you just need to make and make install.
    libprojectM isn’t even used!

It isn’t rocket science, but sometimes with these things you have to use a little problem-solving skills.

It might help if your helpful guidance was a little more accurate 😉

Did you not say this

In Windows, load MSys (installed with DevkitPro). For each of the libs:

./configure –host=powerpc-eabi –prefix=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc” –libdir=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib”
    make
    make install

It isn’t rocket science, but not everyone eats and breathes this stuff so, if the information supplied was actually correct, maybe that crap might not spread as a result. Now you go take a chill pill and I’ll have another go now we know that your original instructions were misleading 😆

rodries
    Keymaster

Seriously, if you need hand-holding through every step, you have no business compiling anything. Whatever you compile will probably end up only half-working anyway.

driverx was just a little misguided, but has enough sense to try a few things before asking for help.

rde
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Seriously, if you need hand-holding through every step, you have no business compiling anything. Whatever you compile will probably end up only half-working anyway.

driverx was just a little misguided, but has enough sense to try a few things before asking for help.

Thanks, but it’s compiling now. Didn’t need any hand-holding, just some accurate directions. 😆

We all learn by asking – even you did.

No need for any more of your childish comments (go ahead if you really must, but I have no reason to come back and laugh at them), thanks for your help 😉

Ed
    Participant

@excelsior wrote:

linking … wiimc.elf

any suggestions?

Hi Excelsior !
    i have the same issue. Have you found what was wrong with your config ?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Mylbee.

Ed
    Participant

@mylbee wrote:

@excelsior wrote:

linking … wiimc.elf

any suggestions?

Hi Excelsior !
    i have the same issue. Have you found what was wrong with your config ?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Mylbee.

It’s ok for me, i followed the jhb50’s guide step by step and all is working.

Mylbee

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password