linking issue with exif and libiconv

Home Forums Development linking issue with exif and libiconv

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    adamrock133
    Participant

On Windows 7

I follow carefully theCompiling Instructions.

Install devkitPPC r24 (is somthing specific to do for libogc 1.8.8 ? because it seems included in devkitProUpdater-1.5.0.exe)

With the trunc of libext2fs-wii, libntfs-wii and wiimc
    and
    zlib-1.2.5-ppc.tar.bz2.tar.bz2.tar
    mxml-2.6-ppc.tar.bz2.tar.bz2.tar
    libpng-1.4.1-ppc.tar.bz2.tar.bz2.tar
    jpeg8a-ppc.tar.bz2.tar.bz2.tar
    freetype-2.4.2-ppc.tar.bz2.tar.bz2.tar

linking … wiimc.elf
    menu.o: In function `getExifOrientation’:
    c:/dev/wii/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3123: undefined reference to `exif_data_new_from_data’
    c:/dev/wii/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3124: undefined reference to `exif_data_get_byte_order’
    c:/dev/wii/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3125: undefined reference to `exif_content_get_entry’
    c:/dev/wii/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3127: undefined reference to `exif_get_short’
    c:/dev/wii/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3148: undefined reference to `exif_data_free’
    c:/dev/wii/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3148: undefined reference to `exif_data_free’

Thank for your help,
    Pilou

Remark : My aim ist just compile with a recent (v1.0.3 >=) version of libext2fs-wii in order to fixed symlink follow bug. Issue #435 – I can’t open symbolic link file.

rodries
    Keymaster

So far so good, but you missed step 6 – compile and install the dependencies (fribidi, libexif, and libiconv)

The error you got related to “exif” is a pretty clear indication that you’re missing libexif!

But recompiling won’t fix the symlink problem you had. For one thing, WiiMC is compiled with the latest libext2fs, and secondly, your symlink problem is on Windows (I assume over SMB) – which means libext2fs isn’t even used. The problem is symlinks are unsupported by tinysmb, so someone would have to go into that library and add symlink support.

adamrock133
    Participant

I didn’t miss step 6 the 3 dependencies seem correctly installed in devkitProportlibsppclib.

however i get this warning
    ./configure –host=powerpc-eabi –prefix=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc” –libdir=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib” –disable-shared
    configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the –build type, don’t use –host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.

I remender it was a linking (ld) issue but not compilation issue. if dependencies were not installed the process should failled before because of .h missing !!

Thank, Pilou

Greek2U
    Participant

Hello guys,

I can report exactly the same issue as pilou. Everything compiled fine but there is some problem with linking.
    All the needed libs from wiimc/libs/ compiled and installed OK but LD chokes on them from some rason.

I’ve spent several hours on it yesterday ended up with completely clean reinstall of all tools but no luck so far :-/

Here is the generated wiimc.elf.map content until it errors out if it can be helpful to solve the issue:

http://cyphre.mysteria.cz/stuff/wiimc.elf.zip

Any help is appreciated.

Greek2U
    Participant

ok, replying to myself

I just found where was the linking problem. The configuration failed because it couldn’t find the crosscompiler tools so the compiled *.a resulting files were “incompatible” for LD. I had to add c:devkitProdevkitPPCbin; to the PATH environment variable. Then the linikage works just fine.
    So to others who might hit simmilar problem: If the powerpc-eabi-* checks in config.log fail make sure you have setup the proper path to the devkitPPCbin folder.

shadowcat
    Participant

I got a similar error message when I tried to compile libexif.

Is there anyone who can tell me what did I miss ?

mv -f .deps/mnote-canon-tag.Tpo .deps/mnote-canon-tag.Plo
    /bin/sh ../libtool –tag=CC –mode=link /c/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-gcc -g -O2 -g -Wall -o libmnote-canon.la exif-mnote-data-canon.lo mnote-canon-entry.lo mnote-canon-tag.lo -lm
    libtool: link: false cru .libs/libmnote-canon.a exif-mnote-data-canon.o mnote-canon-entry.o mnote-canon-tag.o
    make[3]: *** [libmnote-canon.la] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/wbfs/WiiMC-libs/libexif/libexif’
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/wbfs/WiiMC-libs/libexif’
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/wbfs/WiiMC-libs/libexif’
    “make”: *** [dir1] Error 2

rodries
    Keymaster

Where did you get libexif from? From the looks of it, you didn’t download it from WiiMC SVN…

Did you try following the Compiling Instructions?
    http://www.wiimc.org/compiling-instructions/

shadowcat
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Where did you get libexif from? From the looks of it, you didn’t download it from WiiMC SVN…

Did you try following the Compiling Instructions?
    http://www.wiimc.org/compiling-instructions

I got libexif from WiiMC SVN (http://wiimc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/) and I did
    followed the compiling instructions.(failed in the step 6)

Just wonder if it’s possible to include those compiled lib files to the source.
    (ex:libexif.a )

adamrock133
    Participant

Thank a lot fractalus !
    Adding devkitPPCbin to the PATH has solved my linking issue.

@Tantric, maybe you can add this to the Compiling Instructions.

I will now be able to work on the symbolic link files issue which are unfortunately not supported by the great Wiimc homebrew…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password