MacOS 10.7 Lion support.

Home Forums Feature Suggestions MacOS 10.7 Lion support.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bigredcape
    Participant

Mac OS 10.7 Lion uses SMBX instead of SMB.
    So, support for AFP or SMBX shares would be nice. As many Mac Users will update to Lion.

erclsb
    Participant

A more likely and viable scenario would be for Apple to fix its horribly buggy and broken SMBX to be fully compatible with SMB. I don’t see any need for WiiMC’s developers to include a protocol that only about 5-10% of their user base will use.

You can easily set up your Mac as an FTP server using the directions I included in this forum:http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1441

It works just like SMB, just a little more difficult to set up.

qwertymodo
    Participant

Only about 10% of the population is Black and/or Jewish (You pick your favorite ethnic group), but that doesn’t mean they get ignored in our society. Yes, Apple has made life difficult and there is no love lost for them, but it doesn’t mean their users should be punished. I second a vote for a LION-friendly update. Thanks.

erclsb
    Participant

What I’m saying is that the fault here is on Apple’s end. This isn’t something that WiiMC should patch, since this isn’t a WiiMC-only problem. I am a Mac user and I would love for SMB to work as it did before but it’s something Apple needs to address to ALL of its users. Apple is aware that SMB support is broken and a fix should be forthcoming. I don’t believe there is anything WiiMC’s developers could do anyway, since the entire Mac-and SMB-using community (mostly corporate users) has been affected and no developer has come up with a viable solution.

qwertymodo
    Participant

OK fair enough. I’m managing alright with FTP at the moment. Lets hope Apple gets their act together with the next update. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password