More robust Music Player would be great

Home Forums Feature Suggestions More robust Music Player would be great

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Drew Buglione
    Participant

Here’s what I’m envisioning to make the music playback of WiiMC really great.

First thing would be that WiiMC would have to have a way of scanning all the music in my shared folder and reading in the tag info for each song. Mainly just the Artist, Song Name, and Genre would be the main ones. Could also read in the album art. This would probably be easiest to be something I would have to manually kick off for it to scan my folders any time I added or removed a bunch of songs since it’d probably take a while.

Then what I’d like to be able to do is go to the Music section and pick an option for Play All (or some other name)
    I could then be prompted to filter by artist or by genre or just to really play everything.
    If I pick genre, it could show me a list of the genres that it imported from my music files and I could select or deselect the ones I wanted to be included in the playing. Same thing for if I picked by artist.
    Then I could just click Play and off it’d go.

After a timeout it could show the album art on the screen as a screensaver type thing.

Benefits of this over playlists is that if I add a bunch of new songs, I don’t have to redo my playlists. I would just have it rescan my media and pull in all the data automatically.

When I play music, I rarely want to hear a specific artist or specific song, I just want to hear a certain type of music and let it play. No idea if this is possible or how much work it’d take but it’d sure be awesome.

Hope it all makes sense.

If WiiMC can do any of this now, let me know as I couldn’t find it.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password