Multi Suggestions (Stop+Watched+Prevent+Art+Eject)

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Multi Suggestions (Stop+Watched+Prevent+Art+Eject)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sw0rdiX
    Participant

First off, thank you WiiMC team for making THE best media player for Wii. Always wanted to use my secondary Wii as a media centre but all previous players have either under performed or been unstable (for me anyway), I greatly appreciate your work.

My suggestions:

1. Stop function; There have been instances where I would have liked to have simply stopped playback completely (return to menu, emptied cache/buffer). Perhaps it could be mapped to the B button during playback/in video.

2. Watched; Would it be possible to implement some kind of “watched” option? This could be an automatic thing whereby once you’ve played a video it marks said video as watched, either via a small tick to the far right or some icon/word to inform you. A simple tick box would work just as well if an automatic function would be trouble to program in.

3. Prevent HD playback; If a HD video is accidentally clicked WiiMC will simply inform you it will be unable to playback the video file. This would prevent it from loading, buffering, then crashing (which I’m not sure if it does for local files, but while streaming this happens). If it is possible to analyse the resolution of a video before playing it then perhaps anything over the Wiis capability could be black listed. If not, maybe a term could be used to determine whether it plays or not, such as including “[720p]”/”[1080p]” or such in the file name.

4. Artwork/Coverart; I’ve seen this mentioned before, though my idea would be to draw upon the folder.jpg in the same manner Window Media Centre does and have it posted in the background (similar to when you pause/return to menu and the video you were playing stays behind). This feature is more about aesthetics than anything else, so isn’t really high priority, just something that would be nice to have.

5. DVD ejection; Unless I’m missing something, I haven’t found a simple way to change DVDs, returning to menu then ejecting and inserting another DVD has the movie/video continue playing what’s left in the cache/buffer before erroring once it reaches the end. Ejecting the DVD while playing does the same. Only method I found was to return to menu, play local or streamed file, return to menu and then load a new DVD.
    This kind of coincides with the stop function mentioned at the beginning. Could you make WiiMC aware of a discs ejection and inturn stop playback, or some easier way to play multiple DVDs without doing the method above.

luis303
    Participant

ditto to 2 and 4

Fugo
    Participant

QUOTE POINT 1!!!
    It’s not possible that the “STOP FUNCTION” doesn’t exist.
    Please… put it again…
    Tnx 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password