Navi-X and WiiMC kind of working…

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements Navi-X Navi-X and WiiMC kind of working…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Abram
    Participant

Following some advice from ironbill and others on different forums, I have gotten Navi-X on my WiiMC kind of working. Let me explain what I mean when I say kind of. Here is my process:

1. Log in to http://navix.turner3d.net/, open the Navi-X simulator.
    2. Search for a title on Videofriender.com through the sim & copy the link to the video.
    3. Add title to my playlist by pasting the link into a new item, filling in other relevant info (the retrieval of movie info is super a nice feature, thanks!).
    4. Launch WiiMC on my Wii, navigate to my playlist and select a title from the list to play.

This is where things kind of work. After a bit of a wait for buffering, the video will start to play, but will stop/start for buffering every second or so. I have even gone as far as waiting it out, thinking it might work itself out…but it does not. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

cadbusca
    Participant

I think I know what you mean but to clarify:
    In 2. what do you mean by “copy the link to the video” ? Copy the link to where?
    in 3. what do you mean by “my playlist’?
    in 4 .what do you mean by “navigate to my playlist” Where and how?

I do all this with WIIMC using the features of the enhancement pack. Search Navi, save desired streamlinks or playlistlinks to savedlinks.xml on the PC, then move those links to custom folders in onlinemedia.xml also on the PC, then restart WIIMC and play the links from OLM custom folder. Other option is to manually copy thevideo links on the PC to an .m3u playlist and open it in Video mode to play the links.

The ability to play in real time depends on the speed of your link and the attributes of the video. If the link is too slow or the video is too “bitty” the WIIMC will buffer. Sometimes I use the enhancement pack option to display the video attributes before proceeding to play. That way I can make a rational decision. If the video is an AVC it will probably not play smoothly because it is too “bitty” (ie: the WII is not powerful enough to decode the stream into all the bits it needs to play). The “online codec” will usually play smoothly up to a pixel width of 640, so I set the enhancement pack options for AVC and OnlineCodec width to 640 and always get a warning message if the video exceeds those widths.

wolfhound89
    Participant

Will playing with the “Cache Fill” setting under “Settings – Online Media” help with the buffering at all?

cadbusca
    Participant

The cache fill setting is always on. What do you mean by “help with the buffering” ? It always buffers. Buffering is only obvious when you are playing the bits faster than you can load them, which depends on the connection speed and the codec.

tiagojpavan
    Participant

I know its always buffering in the background, I was just wondering if upping the cache fill setting would solve their problem, or at least help. I guess there would be a long “buffer wait” for the video to start, but less stop/start, right?

@mgriffioen wrote:

After a bit of a wait for buffering, the video will start to play, but will stop/start for buffering every second or so. I have even gone as far as waiting it out, thinking it might work itself out…but it does not. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes that’s my understanding too, however my experience shows that if you can fill the buffer faster than you use it a big buffer will only delay the start of playback. You can see this if you “home” when when the buffering starts and then resume … the buffering delay will not come back.

WhizzBang
    Participant

Hey Folks,

Just letting you know we have been having troubles getting our coder and hosting for our solution to not being able to use processors from Navi-X. We have not forgotten about you we just have had some setbacks and things preventing us from going forward on WiiMC development… we are coming back to you about these things soon!

I am still in the process of obtaining great hosting for our processor interpreter and I will talk with Broken about this very soon… I promise.

iRoNBiLL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Navi-X’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password