Network setup (SBM / FTP)

Home Forums Help and Support Network setup (SBM / FTP)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    viper610
    Participant

I have a working network with various devices on it, including the Seagate GoFlex Home network drive. I can access the drive across my network from any computer – wired or wireless.

Last Friday I had the ability to access this drive through WiiMC. Oddly I couldn’t get it to work as SMB, but FTP was flawless. As of Sunday when the Shoutcast Radio streams stopped working, I haven’t been able to access the network drive. No matter what I enter into the FTP information it just wont connect. I find this rather frustrating since I have a better than average understanding of networks. It doesn’t seem to matter what information I’ve added to the FTP share, I can’t make WiiMC connect to the drive. It was so simple the first time… I actually couldn’t believe it was that easy. Now, I’ve tried so many combinations of IP and folder names that I’ve forgotten what was actually there in the first place. (It should also be noted that there is only one “slash” available in WiiMC for entering addresses).

The guide listed elsewhere is mostly helpful for people who don’t know how to create a share on their PC – which isn’t the case here, and not relevant anyways since the hard drive is a network drive, not a PC drive.

The documentation essentially says that FTP connections are not supported, and there is no documentation, but it was working fine before, I just want to return to that state.

I’m looking for some help with WiiMC side of things.

S~

viper610
    Participant

OK. I went back to the drawing board. I thought about what I had done the first time through, and recalled that it was very, very basic. I didn’t have to fight with capitalization of share names and folders (with the people at Seagate do apparently to confuse noobies).

So… I erased all of that which I had entered; I only entered the the IP address I assigned to the drive (192.168.0.150). Folder name I left blank. Added username and password (which were already there, but did it again anyways).

PRESTO!!

When I clicked on the FTP connection under movies it popped up instantly. So fast infact I didn’t realize what I was looking at.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password