New 1.0.8 USB HDD Problem

Home Forums Help and Support New 1.0.8 USB HDD Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    hetfield
    Participant

HI @all,i just got the updtae to 1.0.8 and Wiimc doesnt recognize my usb hdd.
    In older version its still working,do i need another ios in the new 1.0.8 version??
    Thanks for help 🙂

Rudyraza
    Participant

Looks like Fat32 is what your hard drive needs to be formatted to. If you have larger hard drives and windows does not give you the option to format to fat32 then try this program. I formatted my hard drive to fat32 with it and worked great.

FYI Program works on Windows 7 64bit PC.

http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/

Skanksta
    Participant

ridger81 – please stop advising people to format their drives. This is unnecessary, and not the solution to this issue.

Wiila – No need to format, wait for the devs to sort out the issue – There are already other users with the same issue, and I’m one of them.

Rudyraza
    Participant

CMB stop telling people what to do. The section is called help and support. My advise was not meant for a full solution but a quick one until the issue is fixed if people wanted to keep using 1.08 for testing.

hetfield
    Participant

Fat32 is no sulution for mee-i have files over 4gigs and i think fat 32 is out of date for hdd`s 😉 . anyway- thx for the help 😀

i think we have to wait for a new udate,i lokk forward to it:-)

Skanksta
    Participant

ridger81 – I know you’re trying to help, that’s fine. However, quick solution or not, it’s just the wrong advice for this situation – especially when people can just roll back to version 1.0.7, or wait for it to be fixed, which probably won’t be too long.

Mungali
    Participant

ridger81 what makes you come to the assumption that formatting his hdd to fat32 would help? the problem is using the channel. USB’s are working if launched program via HBC, just not forwarding channel. So why would the format be of help, that’s just a waste of time and resources.

hetfield
    Participant

USB is not working @all. if i lounch wiimc from the channel or from the homebrewchannel-its the the same no usb support.

@wiila wrote:

USB is not working @all. if i lounch wiimc from the channel or from the homebrewchannel-its the the same no usb support.

Use the 1.07 with channel 1.4 and it will work fine, I had the same problem.

hetfield
    Participant

jepp,i will- thx 4 help 😀

Lypeblearry
    Participant

Similar problem here, here’s how I solved the problem.

Try to plug the HD after launching WiiMC. For me it’s working.

When I plug USB and later load WiiMC, HD is not recognized.
    When I first load WiiMC and later plug USB, the HD is recognized.

This happens with both USB ports and no matter how I launch WiiMC (it happens both from Channel and from HBC).
    IOS 58 is installed (and WiiMC correctly works with it), and I’ve got latest version of channel (1.4) and WiiMC (1.08).

Rudyraza
    Participant

Also the reason why I posted the website is because people said before they couldn’t format large hard drive to fat32. Use the conversion or program, doesn’t really matter to me. Just letting know what worked for me.

wii_about_guide
    Participant

I can confirm the issue is with NTFS drives on 1.0.8. I have 2 nearly identical drives, 1 is FAT32 the other is NTFS. The FAT32 drive works on 1.0.8, the NTFS one does not. Both work on 1.0.7. So 1.0.8 has introduced an NTFS bug. And I agree, reformatting your drive is extreme at best, downright stupid at worst, especially considering this is most likely a very minor bug that will get fixed shortly. I only use FAT32 for my smaller HD because of RawkSD3 (which is the only homebrew I use which doesn’t support NTFS and most likely never will, but it’s important enough to merit using FAT32). Now that most homebrew apps with USB support are starting to support NTFS there is not much reason to stick with FAT32 for anything but very small HD’s

Edit: I’ve tested using both the 1.4 channel and the latest HBC, so it’s definitely in WiiMC itself. Also, plugging in the HD after starting WiiMC doesn’t work for me.

Edit 2: djdynamite, the forwarder issues are sorted with the v1.4 channel.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password