New update crashes

Home Forums Help and Support New update crashes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lednerg
    Participant

right so last night i got the latest Wiimc update but now when i try to go on it i get a death screen with the 8 sec countdown except it doesnt actually shut down, i tried to install an old version i had on my sd card but that does the same, now i’m sort of lost without wiimc as its a great life-line to have on the many days of hangover 😛 , if anyone has an idea on how to get it back up and running give me a shout.
    thanks in advance
    Ryan

Edit* got it working with an older version on a different SD card,
    thanks for a cracking App! 😀

cadbusca
    Participant

My 1.1.5 starts fine, however I have experienced immediate crashes if the restore_points file was bad or did not exist. I have reported this as bug 352.
    Try creating an empty restore_points.txt file with notepad and rename it to remove the .txt

lednerg
    Participant

emptied the restore points file and it works fine now sorry for being a noob and thanks for the great advice!

rodries
    Keymaster

You’re not a noob, I didn’t even know restore_points could crash the app! 😯

Wodstafoloin
    Participant

Where do you place the ‘restore_points’ file?

I experience those heavy crashes as well. WiiMC is unusuable. Sometimes i can make it into the video player in maybe 1 of 3 tries.

Tantric, let me guess. It doesn’t crash for you, you don’t have a 4.3 and there’s nothing you can do about it.

What IOS is used by WiiMC? IOS58? Do you recommend any alternative or custom IOS, patches or something?

aka107
    Participant

@BoulderDash wrote:

Where do you place the ‘restore_points’ file?

I experience those heavy crashes as well. WiiMC is unusuable. Sometimes i can make it into the video player in maybe 1 of 3 tries.

Tantric, let me guess. It doesn’t crash for you, you don’t have a 4.3 and there’s nothing you can do about it.

What IOS is used by WiiMC? IOS58? Do you recommend any alternative or custom IOS, patches or something?

create a empty file restore_points in wiimc folder
    if you get codedumps then I need the stack dump info

rodries
    Keymaster

Hold on, there’s different reasons for crashes. If you’re getting into the app before it crashes (for any period of time)! it’s not related to restore_points. It’s likely the “no_ios_reload” bug in HBC – if you don’t have your Wii internet-enabled, try removing the line from the meta.xml for WiiMC.

You don’t need to create a restore_points file. You should be able to delete the file, WiiMC will create a new one itself automatically.

Wodstafoloin
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

if you don’t have your Wii internet-enabled, try removing the line from the meta.xml for WiiMC.

That’s the case and i will try that. Will report back later. Thx!

Wodstafoloin
    Participant

You are right. It completely fixes the problem. 😛

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password