Not all Megavideo links work?

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Not all Megavideo links work?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tiagojpavan
    Participant

I just got VLCshares working tonight. Thank you to everyone who had a part in developing this (and WiiMC, the only reason I use my Wii anymore)…

It seems like any link I add directly from megavideos.com works.

But any link I try from a megavideo search engine like moomr.com doesnt work.

I get the error message “Opss… Huston, we have a problem…Video link is not valid, unavailable or a daemon don’t want you watch the video” in VLCshares in firefox when i use the quick add button (the one added to favorites), or I get “error loading file” in WiiMC if I paste the link in manually.

What’s up with that? They’re valid videos I can watch on my browser. I even tried clicking on the link from the search engine, opening up the video and watching it at megavideo.com first, then adding it… Thinking the “ADD” button was the problem.

Im hoping I can use moomr with WiiMC, because it searches the video file names also, not just the descriptions.

zany130
    Participant

Moomr links are megaupload’s links: the format of the link is

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=XXXXXXXX

The Megavideo plugin actually allows to watch only megavideo videos: the valid format is

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XXXXXXXX

I will try to add support for megaupload’s videos in the next version, but there is no ETA.

zany130
    Participant

I just added Megaupload videos support. It will be in svn trunk soon. Just a bit of code cleanup

tiagojpavan
    Participant

Awesome, thanks so much. You are my hero. 😛

zany130
    Participant

You can try the new features in 0.5.3alpha with the new megavideo plugin

tiagojpavan
    Participant

Is there any easy way to update to 0.5.3 without starting from scratch? I dont want to mess up my existing setup.

zany130
    Participant

From 0.5.2 to 0.5.3 beta there isn’t an update package. I will think about it when the final version will be ready.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password