onlinemedia.xml alphabetical order

Home Forums Feature Suggestions onlinemedia.xml alphabetical order

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wied
    Participant

The entries in onlinemedia.xml are ordered alphabetically by the stream url which is useless in most cases since they are often numeric or dont relate with the stream name.
    It would just make sense if they were ordered either by stream name or by the same order that they have in the onlinemedia.xml, please change that.

Here is an example, assuming these are the entries of the onlinemedia.xml:

This is the order how they would be shown now in WiiMC, first ascending numbers and then letters of the stream url:
    Radio 3 (->..ttp://01.0..)
    Radio A (->..ttp://02.0..)
    Radio C (->..ttp://03.0..)
    Radio B (->..stream-url-x:9..)
    Radio 2 (->..stream-url-y:9..)
    Radio 1 (->..stream-url-z:9..)

And now here is my suggestion how it should be (if it is technical possible), first ascending numbers and then letters of the stream name:
    Radio 1 (->independent from url)
    Radio 2
    Radio 3
    Radio A
    Radio B
    Radio C

Or just the same order as in onlinmedia.xml. in this case:
    Radio A
    Radio B
    Radio C
    Radio 1
    Radio 2
    Radio 3

In my opinion this would make the navigation through a customized onlinemedia.xml with many entries much more comfortable.
    I have attached as a practical example an onlinemedia.xml which contains alle streams from Digitally Imported (di.fm) which shows the problem clearly when its loaded in WiiMC.

cadbusca
    Participant

I felt the same way and modded mine to retain the order in the xml. Makes it easy to set up and find custom folders within it.

kelamat
    Participant

well its time to get a new team on wiimc and lets call it wiimc xit will add alot ustream brand new and improve gui and more options and better stream support and drivers to make it run smoothly and beeter music playback and mush more come on people

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password