Only able to access 1 drive when both are plugged in

Home Forums Help and Support Only able to access 1 drive when both are plugged in

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wii_about_guide
    Participant

I have 2 USB hard drives, both of which work with 1.0.5, in either slot. However, when I have them both plugged in, only the one in the first slot is listed in the drives list. This kind of defeats the whole purpose of using the second port at all… I realize the whole USB issue with 1.0.5 is probably pretty frustrating, but I’m really excited to see the progress that’s being made. Thanks, Tantric 🙂

rodries
    Keymaster

Allowing more than one drive to be used is an entirely different issue, and requires a significant amount of work. I don’t know when or if this might happen.

netman74501
    Participant

Both are powered by USB connection itself? Or there is an external power source. My USBLoader need to use two connection to power one 2.5 HD, think its the same with WiiMC.

wii_about_guide
    Participant

Is there any way to specify which to use if both are connected then? Even better would be a way to switch the active drive while the app was running and refresh the drive list. Otherwise, at least being able to choose which drive to use when there is a drive in both ports would be nice (and then of course if only one port is connected, use that). I realize that since the beginning of USB2.0 in cIOS it has always been only 1 port so the other could be used for other peripherals such as the RB microphone but since IOS202 is reserved for homebrew it would be nice to see both ports using USB2.0 eventually. Whether that’s up to you or the cIOS devs I don’t know, so I’ll settle for being able to select one or the other. As I said, it kind of defeats the purpose of being able to use the second port if it still only displays the first drive when there are 2 plugged in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password