Parental Controls for a share and feature

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Parental Controls for a share and feature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mdefelic
    Participant

First, thank you for a great software package. I really have enjoyed the WiiMC for the last few weeks. It was the primary reason I softmodded my Wii.

Let me first explain how I use wiimc and then explain my parental controls request.

My daughter is 6 years old and not needing to constantly open and close my DVD drive in my entertainment center is a great boon. I have created two network shares. One for ‘kids’ and one for ‘adults’. Any movies that she should not watch are in ‘adults’ and movies and videos she can watch are in the ‘kids’. This share has things like rated R films, not what the Internet would consider ‘adult’.

At this age she doesn’t have access to the wii without any parents around so I am fine with having both shares available. Additionally she actually listens to her mother and I at this age. As she gets older she will have unmonitored use and may be more mischievous with this access. I will remove any adult music and movie shares at that point if the wiimc doesn’t have parental controls. Since you have a forum for feature suggestions I thought I would share my idea:

Grokii’s suggestion to add a Parental Controls feature
    1) Add an setting to enable and set a global User Password and Administrator Password
    2) Add a setting to network shares (movies, music, pictures, etc) to flag if the share requires the User Password
    3) Add a setting to disable network share creations or modifications without Administrator Password
    4) Add a setting to require the User Password for online content

This is just an initial thought process, but I think you can get the idea. I want my daughter to be able to watch content I approve of, but not access movies, youtube, or music that her mother and I would like to restrict. I would be most happy if something along these lines was implemented even if the actual implementation was not specifically what I outlined above.

Thank you for your consideration and time spent reading this feature request.

– Grokii

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password