Password masking

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Password masking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Didier
    Participant

It would be very nice if passwords were masked in the network setting screens.

cheezwiz789
    Participant

+1 for the masking

xichael
    Participant

Another vote for this. 🙂

Jiiwah
    Participant

Another vote ! 🙂

jlm41
    Participant

+1 from me on this one too :geek:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find it strange 2,
    can you make it stars in the next version?
    M.
    (pw: *******…)

rodries
    Keymaster

I can’t quite fathom this. If someone really wants to know your password they can also find it in plaintext in the settings.xml file.

En.Ki
    Participant

If someone really wants to know your password, then at least they’ll have to dig through the contents of your SD card if the password is masked. Really, the password shouldn’t be stored in plaintext either; any simple encryption algorithm would do, but that’s an argument for another thread.

How can you not fathom that people don’t want others to be able to see their passwords? Sure, with enough effort the password could be found out, but the way it is now passwords can be needlessly accidentally revealed just by someone browsing around in the menus. It’s a basic security issue that goes beyond the scope of just this app to affect the security of people’s networks. It’s irresponsible of you, as a software developer, to hold this position on the security of your app. This is a great app and it would be a shame for this fundamental security issue to go overlooked.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i was fiddling with Wiiplorer just there,
    and that has the ****

and i agree with 1000hz, that this is because off people accidentally “finding” my password.
    If the hacker wants the pass he’ll get it, whatever the encryption….

M.

axgarr
    Participant

Implemented in r348.
    Please Wait next version or try to compile the SVN.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Password masking’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password