Picture Viewer Ideas

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Picture Viewer Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Artisian
    Participant

1. Option to sort by date.

Although I do prefer the way WiiMC already sorts by filename alphabetically, having an option to sort by date would allow users to view pictures similar to how they’re viewed in Photo Channel, if desired.

2. Playlist for Slideshow.

Same way you’ve set up the (+) and (-) keys for adding/removing music files and directories on a music playlist, could you do it for adding/removing picture files and directories on a slideshow playlist?

3. Photo Channel style zoom and rotate controls.

Been asked for before, I’m just seconding the motion 😀

Sorry for being a no-good bum. If I could code I’d just make you some patches for these. But if there’s anything besides coding I could do to help, let me know.

xzxero
    Participant

Hi Iwata-san,

#3 is already implemented, but there is a bug in the gx backend, which is currently looked into.
    As soon as this is fixed, the feature will be merged.

#1:
    Most pictures by a digicam are numbered in a way that corresponds to the date.
    So in which case would the order be different?

Cheers,
    Ataraxis

Artisian
    Participant

@Ataraxis wrote:

#3 is already implemented, but there is a bug in the gx backend, which is currently looked into.
    As soon as this is fixed, the feature will be merged.

Hi Ataraxis, I’m not sure exactly what you mean here. Are you saying that it’s a feature currently under development but not ready to be released? At first I thought you were saying that it is already released…but I cannot currently seem to find a way to zoom or rotate my pictures in WiiMC.

@Ataraxis wrote:

#1:
    Most pictures by a digicam are numbered in a way that corresponds to the date.
    So in which case would the order be different?

Yes…good point, and I agree that sorting by filename is better in most cases, but…perhaps not all… I will leave it to the programmers to decide if the difficulty of coding this option outweighs the benefit of having two sorting options.

…No comment on #2? This was actually my most wanted feature. You see, I have several directories of photos organized by event. For now, if I want to display more than one event in a slideshow, I must display one slideshow all the way through, stop it, and display another, stop it, and display another, stop it, and so on…

Say I wanted to show my mom and dad all the pictures I’ve taken this year, but I don’t want them to see the ones of me getting drunk at a party or going to a strip club with friends. Just add “sd1:/Photos/Beach Trip/”, “sd1:/Photos/River Rafting/”, “sd1:/Photos/Sky Diving/”, and “sd1:/Photos/Vacation to Canada/” to the playlist and start the slideshow. Vice versa, I might want to show my friends all my pictures, without boring them with the ones of my cat or of Grandma’s birthday. Just add “sd1:/Photos/Spring Break/”, “sd1:/Photos/Godsmack Concert/”, “sd1:/Photos/Las Vegas/”, and “sd1:/Photos/Snowboarding” and start the slideshow.

xzxero
    Participant

Hi Iwata-san,

#1: It wouldn’t be hard to program this, but if you can’t provide a reason for this, I am not going to bother 😉

#2: Well, although the code from #3 was written by me, I am basically just a user. I wanted the rotate/zoom/pan feature, so I wrote it. But I don’t have the need for a playlist ;-). I have never used the music feature of wiimc, so I don’t even know how the playlist system works there. And that’s why I did not comment on that issue.

#3: it is implemented, meaning: there is already code that does this. It is not yet in the official release, because of some weird gx bug.

Cheers,
    Ataraxis

Artisian
    Participant

Understood. Looking forward to the release of your code once the bugs are worked out!

Any takers on the slideshow playlist?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password