Plugin: IceFilms.info

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Plugin: IceFilms.info

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    zany130
    Participant

A new plugin for vlc-shares is available: IceFilms.info

Allow to watch megavideo/megaupload videos from icefilms.info.

The plugins can be installed automatically in the vlc-shares 0.5.3’s installation process or manually using the Plugin Installer as usual.

Required dependencies: megavideo plugin version 0.2.1 or later

Link to download: http://vlc-shares.googlecode.com/files/plugin_icefilms_0.1.zip

Anonymous
    Inactive

Although I am able to recover from the following issue by reinstalling the IceFilms plugin, I thought I would just throw this out there.

On three ocassions over the weekend while watching a video (view directly), the video abruptly stopped and I got the attached display.

It seemed to occur after about 45 minutes of play time. I tried hard reboots, and continued to get the attached screen. All other aspects of of WiiMC and VLC shares continued to work fine. Uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin allowed normal operation.

zany130
    Participant

I’m not sure, but maybe this problem is related to 2 things:
    1) you hit the 72 minutes limit of megavideo (if you haven’t a premium account) or you network line is so fast that you fill the buffer completely and wiimc close the connection with vlc-shares (if you have a premium account)
    2) wiimc try to load the last visited url, but video link is not valid.

Uninstalling the plugin you removed the second condition, so vlc-shares redirect you to main page. If you get the same problem again, try to go inside wiimc setting -> online media -> Online Media Folder and remove the content of the field.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I ran the plugin again today and got the screen again shown in my previous post.

@ximarx wrote:

1) you hit the 72 minutes limit of megavideo (if you haven’t a premium account) or you network line is so fast that you fill the buffer completely and wiimc close the connection with vlc-shares (if you have a premium account)

Yes, It did occur around the 72 minute time frame. I do not have a premium account

@ximarx wrote:

try to go inside wiimc setting -> online media -> Online Media Folder and remove the content of the field.

I then did what you mentioned above. Tried going back in… got the same screen.

I then again did what you mentioned above… and then obtained a new IP address (resetting the 72 minute time frame ??). Works fine. I did not have to reinstall the plugin.

So as you stated, the 72 minute time limit is what is causing the problem. Although I know there is probably no way to get around the time limit (without going Premium).. Is there a way for it to just go back to the menu without having to go into the “Online Media Folder” and delete the field each time I hit the time limit? At least this way… All that would be needed is to reset my router for a new IP.

Thanks in advance

zany130
    Participant

I don’t think this can be fixed inside vlc-shares because this problem isn’t related with vlc-shares itself. Anyway i’ll try investigating more, but i don’t think there never be a vlc-shares solution for this problem.

cadbusca
    Participant

These problems are all fixed by WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack which tightly integrates VLC-Shares with WIIMC.
    Amongst other things, it will shut down VLC on WIIMC+ startup if it was left running when WIIMC last terminated. It will reset the onlinemedia file to the main menu if it contains a vlc-shares url. It will return to the VLC-Main menu when clicking up-one-level after vlc has been spawned, and it will logically back out thru previous menus if VLC has not been spawned. This is in contrast to WIIMC jumping around to all kinds of previous VLC menus when backing out with the up-one-level B-Button. Additionally the WIIMC+ On-Icon feature will always start onlinemedia mode at a preset directory/url and immediately jump back there when the OLM icon is clicked, and the Browser Bar will always report where you are in the VLC menu structure. This is all possible due to extra tags that Ximarx has provided with his playlists that WIIMC+ interprets to provide this integration. I can’t conceive of running VLC-Shares without it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ximarx wrote:

I don’t think this can be fixed inside vlc-shares because this problem isn’t related with vlc-shares itself. Anyway i’ll try investigating more, but i don’t think there never be a vlc-shares solution for this problem.

Fair enough… Thank you

@jhb50 wrote:

These problems are all fixed by WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack which tightly integrates VLC-Shares with WIIMC.
    Amongst other things, it will shut down VLC on WIIMC+ startup if it was left running when WIIMC last terminated. It will reset the onlinemedia file to the main menu if it contains a vlc-shares url. It will return to the VLC-Main menu when clicking up-one-level after vlc has been spawned, and it will logically back out thru previous menus if VLC has not been spawned. This is in contrast to WIIMC jumping around to all kinds of previous VLC menus when backing out with the up-one-level B-Button. Additionally the WIIMC+ On-Icon feature will always start onlinemedia mode at a preset directory/url and immediately jump back there when the OLM icon is clicked, and the Browser Bar will always report where you are in the VLC menu structure. This is all possible due to extra tags that Ximarx has provided with his playlists that WIIMC+ interprets to provide this integration. I can’t conceive of running VLC-Shares without it.

Yes… The enhancement pack sounds very interesting. But with all due respect, to the best of my ability, I have followed your instructions precisely on how to obtain the package (PM jhb50 with email address) on two different occassions. I have yet to receive any response.

cadbusca
    Participant

Glad you have it now!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jhb50 wrote:

If you look at the PM you will see the email address I used. Perhaps you gave me the wrong one.

Thank you… I did receive the package this evening at the other email addy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password