Problem accessing external hard drive over SMB

Home Forums Help and Support Problem accessing external hard drive over SMB

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m using WiiMC on a daily basis for audio and video and it’s really great, I’m quite happy with it. I run into a constant issue that’s pretty annoying though. I have a linux server sharing an external hard drive over SMB. The issue appears when the hard drive has been sitting idle for some time. As I try to open a file, the hard drive boots up, but it takes about 5 seconds (you can hear the sound as it tries to read the file) to do that, and WiiMC gives a “cannot open network share” error. Once I get that error, it refuses to open the SMB share and I have to restart it. When it loads up again, I can access the files, as the hard drive is now running, but if it sits idle for let’s say an hour after playing some music, the same problem pops up and I have to restart WiiMC aagain.

I think the solution might be trying a full reset of the network interfaces after let’s say 3-4 retries for “share not accessible” errors.

Let me know if you need any additional information to debug this.

Best wishes,

Radu Stanciu

asd0803
    Participant

I have the same problem, with previous versions of WiiMC if you tried connecting to it over and over again it would eventually load, but in 1.10 it needs to be restarted. Sometimes going to the options then back will also let it load, but it seems pretty random. I realize it takes a few seconds for the external HDD to spin up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password