Problem with NTFS hard drive.

Home Forums Help and Support Problem with NTFS hard drive.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    WiiClan
    Participant

So I’ve been running AVI’s off my SD card and there’s been absolutely no problem. I recently decided to try plugging in my 1tb external hard drive. I have another hard drive I use with USB Loader GX, but I unplugged that to plus this in.
    The first problem is it frequently says “ERROR: Error opening usb1:/whateverdirectoryI’min”–if I click “try again”, it loads it fine. But then when I start the AVI, it will play for about 1 minute and a half, two minutes, then pop up “ERROR: Error loading opening usb1:/thatdirectory” again. I have to click “try again”, reselect the AVI, and then it will happily start playing again where it left off. For a minute or so.
    Then I was just playing another AVI and it froze in the middle. Wiimote light is still on but WiiMC is completely frozen. Essentially, the problem worsening.

Is it because I’m asking my Wii + WiiMC to work with a 1tb hard drive with about 600 gigs of data on it? I’m hoping there’s a good way to access it because that hard drive has some 300 gigs of movies and TV shows on it and it’d be pretty convenient to plug it into my wii and access them all instead of having to burn data DVDs or swap files on and off an SD card.

Thanks for your help if you can offer it!

cadbusca
    Participant

You need to post what level of code you are using, and what IOS’s if any you have installed. As you will see in other posts there have been a lot of problems with 1.0.5 release, and new IOS202, and indications that some HDD won”t work on USB without improved IOS202. Personally I use no IOS, just vanilla WIIMC, and all versions of the code work with my 320kb HDD on USB.

cor
    Participant

also-not that this has anything to do with your problem, but alot of the newer hdds come with newer technology, where it will shut off your hdd after being idol for so long: example- if i leave my 1.5 tb paused within an avi formated movie for longer than 10 min, my hdd goes to sleep and i get the same error screen your talking about, but if i hit the retry it will go back to where i left off, ……..as a side question- if anybody knows how to turn that off i would love to know , thanks

gotsfritz
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread but thought it was relevant to post into here as i have the same issue with getting the “error opening usb1:/”.

Does anyone know on how to fix this issue as my external hard drive has been working perfectly up until now?

Some info here:
    system menu is V4.1E
    Home brew channel is V1.1.0 and is using IOS61 V22.29
    WiiMC V1.2.4 (was originally on v1.2.2, tried downgrading to this and still no luck) using IOS58

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password