*Problems after last update* (had to go back to previous)

Home Forums Help and Support *Problems after last update* (had to go back to previous)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    beinball
    Participant

HI,

I had to rollback to previous, these are the problems:

-Cant use the forwarder from wii menu, it hangs there.
    -Cant open any movie, it hangs.
    -The screen text seem dont fit it, cant read it all and i dont see settings to fit screen.
    -I couldnt see my hdd or sd card.
    -Cant install the new forwrarder 1.5 it says i dont have ios58. i installed in latest version but says same.

Tried: New, install, update… Had to rollback to 1.0.9 and copy the settings file backup (to keep all my settings)

Somethings not good

EDIT>>25/10/10

Well, i read somewhere ios56 HBC install was required. So i re installed HBC using ios 56, latest version but same trouble. Is it compatible with latest ios56 version?

lowell
    Participant

beinball
    Participant

@Jense wrote:

Yeah,

on my Wii the forwarder also hangs with 1.1.0 – doesn’t matter, if I use 1.4 or 1.5 forwarder. But from within HBC 1.0.8 the new WiiMC runs great…

And right at the first start with 1.1.0 I immediately clicked at the options button – and the whole thing froze. After restarting it worked…

Opening movies works great for me, so far… Even one that was a little buggy on previous versions is good now.

PS: IOS58 is installed and used by HBC 1.0.8 and WiiMC 1.1.0, and I have an USB HDD 1,5 TB WD Elements running.

i hope they fix it asap.

lowell
    Participant

Sw0rdiX
    Participant

@Jense wrote:

Problem is: The HBC always prefers ELF files before DOL files, and so the HBC ran the 1.4 installer (which is the ELF file) – which is incompatible with WiiMC 1.1.0. So, people, be sure to delete the old installer before extracting a new one to the same directory. 😉

Thanks a lot Jense, this fixed the freezing issue I was having with the fowarder channel as, like I have done in the past, I simply copied the content of the installer into the apps directory and assumed it replaced everything with the updated version. It should really have a version number during the actual installation screen, that would help.

Anyway, thanks again 😀

Floricienta
    Participant

I have another problem. I have to stay at 1.0.8 because the embedded subtitles on MKV files (dual jap/eng audio and english softmods) just vanish if I update… I use the same settings and all on the updated versions, but the subs don’t work on 1.0.9 or 1.1.0.

On 1.0.8 I can see the subtitles, resize, change color, turn them on and off and also switch languages by pressing up and down on the D-pad. On later versions the audio switching works fine, but the subs never turn on, neither with the d-pad or the subtitles settings menu.

Subtitles that are not embedded (AVI+SRT file and such) show fine in the new versions.

Anyone can check or confirm if they have managed to make them work and how? I want the improved stability and performance of the newer versions, but not if it means losing the subs on my MKVs.

EDIT: Fixed in a post 1.1.0 beta after I submitted the error to Rodries. see http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=862&start=0

lowell
    Participant

Well, sorry, but the last WiiMC with absolutely NO FLAWS at all was 1.0.4 to me. No recognition issues, no sound errors while playing… Everything is just fine and smooth (except that “HOME Button after about 15 seconds” thingy).

Please don’t get me wrong: I’m always happy about every other new release and I REALLY appreciate all your work, Tantric, but every time the current WiiMC release has the same old flaws – or it got some new ones while some older minor issues are gone. And most of that stuff isn’t just a small bit here and there, it’s always about crashing, freezing or loosing connection to the HDD.

Are there any other people having those problems? Maybe it’s just something with me Wii, but every other software me Wii is running works absolutely great. …is this a IOS58 issue? Can’t you make it optional to use 202 or 58? Maybe that would help finding out if this is a 58 issue…?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jense wrote:

…is this a IOS58 issue? Can’t you make it optional to use 202 or 58? Maybe that would help finding out if this is a 58 issue…?

I’d like to know this as well. One of my hd’s which stores most of my movies stopped being recognized with IOS58 but works fine with IOS202 (confirmed with WiiXplorer). Like a few other apps which use USB (again, WiiXplorer) it would be nice to have the option to choose which IOS to load.

daxthecat
    Participant

i think this should make more harddrives available?
    my USB-Stick wont work anymore with new version and my HDD only shows up, if i go to my HDD, turn it off and on … then it takes a bit and i can use it. very bad thing, because i dont want to get up every time i want to watch a movie on my wii and my SD (this is available on startup) is not so big that i can save my archiv of movies.

i downgraded to last version 😥

thx anyways for your great project and lots of updates

jefffisher
    Participant

I just updated to WiiMC 1.1.0, then did new channel installer 1.5 which told me I had to have ios 58 so I installed ios58v6175 and then reinstalled homebrew channel as that needs to be done so it will use ios 58. Then I installed WiiMc channel 1.5 successfully. Now I can view DVD’s on WiiMC where I could not before so that’s great but now the issues:

1.WiiMC does not remember the video directory which actually is not a big problem but just wanted to say that thats happened. I have noticed that when wiiMC comes on it only shows the sd card but a few seconds later it then shows the other things like ntcs and dvd so I wonder if this is why is does not jump directly to the video directory like it should cause it does not recognize it a valid immediately. But that is just a guess…

2.I now notice a bit of pixelation or choppiness and the audio is ever so slightly out of sync. Previously it worked perfect. Smooth video and no audio sync issues. I have tried all the frame dropping setting and each has the same result. I am not sure if this is the new WiiMC 1.1.0 or the fact that I updated to IOS58. I’m fixing to roll back to the previous WiiMC but I don’t want to as DVD did not work on the previous for me but I can see if that helps and if it does not I will have to use bootmii to restore my system to the way it was before ios58.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place but hopefully I did not.

Also thank you for this wonderful software that I use and enjoy everyday.

Menu 4.2
    Bootmii
    Western digital 250GB

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password