Program closing out to the Wii Menu during Audio playback

Home Forums Help and Support Program closing out to the Wii Menu during Audio playback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Drew Buglione
    Participant

So I have my music set to Random, I select some folders to make a Playlist, and I start Playing.
    Screen saver comes on 1 minute later and all is well. Then 12 minutes later, it just closes and I’m back at the Wii Menu.

The Inactivity Shutdown setting is off. (It was set to 2 hours before but has been disabled)

Any way to figure out what happened? Never had this problem before getting the 1.1.4 update today.

Just started it up again so we’ll see how long it lasts this time.

Maybe it hit a bad MP3 file and crashed or something. Any way to find out what it was doing at the time it exited or anything?

cadbusca
    Participant

I can’t replicate that. I set SS to 1 and Inactivity off and am playing shuffle playlist now some 20 minutes into it with SVN900. Perhaps one of the fixes since 1.1.4 ?

leoetlino
    Participant

Hi. I have the same problem since the last update 1.1.4 yesterday. I’m not listening mp3’s, but radio. The inactivity option was 2 hours. The programs closes when the screensaver is on after 2 minutes and it’s not the first time this happens. 😕 😥

UPDATE: Looks like the problem is with the music source, because for a few songs now with SS everything is ok even though the radio stoped playing ( probably cause may internet is bad) and I expected the program to exit, but it didn’t. 😯

cadbusca
    Participant

The inactivity option is broken. You must shut it off.

Drew Buglione
    Participant

I’ve had random results. One time it played for 10 minutes and rebooted.
    Started up again and it went for hours.

Just now it went for 10-15 minutes and rebooted.
    Started up again and so far so good.

I don’t doubt that some of my audio files might be corrupted but without having some way to see what song it played last or something like that, I have no way of finding what might have caused it…. any suggestions?

Also, doe email subscription not work on these forums? I have it checked but have never gotten an email…

radu242
    Participant

I got this issue, too.

In prior Versions (my last: 1.1.2), WiiMC just stopped playing the radio stream, but reconnecting didn’t work (“failed to play file”). Now, the Program closes after 4 to 8 minutes and goes back to the Wii Menu.

rodries
    Keymaster

Turn off the Inactivity Shutdown feature. It’s broken in 1.1.4.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Program closing out to the Wii Menu during Audio playback’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password