Remove IOS 202

Home Forums Help and Support Remove IOS 202

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    corey89
    Participant

Now that IOS 58 is used for USB2 and AHBPROT covers dvd support, what is the recommended way to remove the old 202 CIOS?

I tried running the wiimc 202 installer again and it didn’t have any uninstall option. Is it recommended to remove the cios now or does it not matter?

Thanks.

NoahJAustin
    Participant

The IOS 202 did have uninstall. If you ran it when ISO202 was already installed it would uninstall or at least it did for me when I updated before. Never the less, if you guys would be kind enough to make a dedicated uninstaller that would be excellent because I can’t find the installer anywhere anymore. (which is for the best I guess)

{edit} I found the installer again with a simple google search, but never the less, still food for thought. 😉

corey89
    Participant

@darklord42 wrote:

The IOS 202 did have uninstall. If you ran it when ISO202 was already installed it would uninstall or at least it did for me when I updated before.

Downloaded the deprecated package from wiimc google code site, tried it again. Even hit install for the hell of it. Installed successfully, again, while the installer said it was on 202 already. Ran it yet again after that, same 2 buttons, Install and Cancel. No other buttons on wiimote did anything. No where have I ever read of it having an uninstall feature. I imagine you are using an installer which was not available from the wiimc google code site.

NoahJAustin
    Participant

No, your right, there is none. I had simply confused it with the wiimc channel installer which does uninstall, as I found to my dismay when I tried that installer I said I found. Sorry to have gotten your hopes up there. Anyway all the more reason for an uninstaller. 😀

Ginn
    Participant

Try using DOP-MII

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password