Requested Feature for Divx/Xvid playback

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Requested Feature for Divx/Xvid playback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thebestins
    Participant

Hey All!!

I just bought my first Wii about 2 days ago and already modded it and added tons of features/programs to it.

I found WiiMC when i was looking for dvd player software and i LOVE it!!!

2 things that would probably make it the best thing ever is,

Support to play Divx/Xvid files from a dvdr & being able to install it directly to the Wii (wad) instead of running WiiMC from an external HDD or SD card.

I love the fact that i can just transfer Xvid files to my external HDD and watch them with WiiMC but it would be killer if i could install WiiMC (wad) directly to the WIi and be able to just pop in one of my 100’s of Xvid disc’s into the WIi and watch away!!

Maybe i am missing something because of being new to all of this, so if i am please point me in the correct direction.

Thanks!!

zany130
    Participant

About dvd support:

DVD

DVDs (both commercial movies and ISO9660 filesystem) are supported. DVD support requires the following:

IOS58 is installed (see above).
    WiiMC is launched from HBC or from the official channel
    The Wii contains an older DVD drive. Support for video commands was removed by Nintendo in newer DVD drives. Some Wiis purchased in 2009 and those purchased in 2010 forward do not support DVD video mode. You can check online to find out what DVD drive revision your Wii likely has.

There are two ways to play DVDs – via the file browser (in the Videos area) or via the DVD icon. The DVD area is designed to play DVD movies and is the preferred method of playback for those discs.

Source: wiimc documentation

If you have just bought your wii, you are unlucky. 99% you have the new dvd driver which isn’t supported

thebestins
    Participant

I said

I just bought my first Wii about 2 days ago

i did not say it was “new” 😉

I have been modding game consoles since the first original Playstation modchip came out, this is just my first Wii as the Wii really never intrigued or impressed me :geek:

It’s an older one (about 2 years) that was used and was still at 3.1u.
    But i updated it to 4.1u when i modded it.

Anyways, it’s plays the game backup i made on DVDR fine and also plays standard movie DVDR’s from the internal drive so the drive is not the problem.

But a dvdr with divx/xvid is not recognized by WiiMC no matter how you try to view it.

So both of my feature request’s are still valid 😎

rodries
    Keymaster

No, it’s not valid. WiiMC already supports xvid/divx on DVD.

thebestins
    Participant

Well, if i put in a dvdr with xvid files on them no matter which way i try to access them, through file browser or clicking the dvd link, it just gives me an error.

If i transfer the exact same xvid files to my external hard drive they play fine.

And movie dvdr’s play fine.

So what could be the problem as my drive reads and plays game dvdr’s and movie dvdr’s.

Also can you install WiiMC to your Wii so you don’t have to run it from an external HDD or SD card ?

cadbusca
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password