Respect Hidden Files/Folders

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Respect Hidden Files/Folders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wii_about_guide
    Participant

It would be nice to have the option to not display hidden files and folders. I’m not sure how NTFS sets files and folders as hidden, but it would also include files/folders that begin with a period, or folders beginning with a dollar sign.

wii_about_guide
    Participant

I see this is implemented in 1.0.4, but it appears that there is no way to turn it off to show these folders if that’s actually what you want. Thanks for implementing it, but it should probably be optional. You could probably put the option right next to the option for hiding file extensions.

rodries
    Keymaster

Why would you want to see these folders?

wii_about_guide
    Participant

I personally don’t, but if someone did, they wouldn’t be able to access those folders without renaming them on the PC. Any computer file browser has the option to show hidden files, although they are hidden by default.

deadzoro
    Participant

The biggest reason I could think of for wanting to be able to hide/view hidden folders would be to allow users to lock down certain folders (for instance, if one were to have kids’ movies as well as movies inappropriate for children on their hard drive, it would be nice to be able to only allow general access to all users, while other folders or files would require either more work to get to, or some sort of login credentials).

rodries
    Keymaster

Forget it, you’re asking for too much.

wii_about_guide
    Participant

Nah, I just didn’t want to be seeing my $RECYCLE BIN folder or the .actors subfolders in my video folders from my XBMC media scraper. I still think displaying hidden folders should be an option, but hey, it’s your project and a dang fine one at that. Thanks for at least implementing the folder hiding. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password