rtsp support

Home Forums Help and Support rtsp support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    maxxxx
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m experiencing some problem with rtsp streams.
    I’m not sure if the support of rstp is activated in WiiMC, it’s seems to be in the sources but is the library compiled or not ?
    Please let me know 🙂
    And if rtsp support is not activated because of a lack of a tester, maybe i can help.

Last but not least : thank you guys for this very good soft
    best regards
    _G

ps : i apologize for my poor English :s

cadbusca
    Participant

I believe only http and mms are supported. Please post where you saw rtsp in the source and a link to an rtsp stream so I can test it as well. Thanks.

maxxxx
    Participant

I believed rtsp was supported because of this:
    http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/browse/trunk/source/mplayer/libavformat/rtsp.h?spec=svn99&r=99

I’m sorry i can’t provide any rtsp sources as they are local to my home network (some tv channels are broadcasted this way by my network provider).

I’m not sure i’ve well understood your answer, to your knowledge is rtsp supported?

Best regards

_G

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes there is rtsp support in the library that is available to WIIMC but I do not believe it is used by WIIMC so no rtsp support.

maxxxx
    Participant

Ok,
    Thank you for your answer.
    Do you think it could be possible to activate it ?
    Is it a hard job ?
    regards
    _G

cadbusca
    Participant

You would have to ask the developers. Post a new feature request under the Development/tracker tabs above.

rodries
    Keymaster

It looks to me like to enable RTSP, you’d have to build the LIVE555 libs first – http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/

This lib was designed to use POSIX-compliant network functions (ie: built on linux), which libogc doesn’t have. So you’d either have to make a POSIX-compliant wrapper of libogc’s net functions, or port the entire lib for use in WiiMC.

I say “you”, because I’m not planning on doing it. 😉

maxxxx
    Participant

Ok,
    Thank you very much guys for your replies.
    I’m gonna try to find some free time to have a look at this.
    If i can “port” the live555 lib, do you think it could be integrate it into the main source tree ? If the answer is yes, in order to facilitate the integration what do you suggest, should i try to a POSIX-compliant wrapper or port the entire lib, or you just don’t care 😉
    Thanks again,
    _G

aka107
    Participant

@_guz wrote:

Ok,
    Thank you very much guys for your replies.
    I’m gonna try to find some free time to have a look at this.
    If i can “port” the live555 lib, do you think it could be integrate it into the main source tree ? If the answer is yes, in order to facilitate the integration what do you suggest, should i try to a POSIX-compliant wrapper or port the entire lib, or you just don’t care 😉
    Thanks again,
    _G

Uhmm, if you do the POSIX-compliant wrapper maybe I can use it to add UPnP support to wiimc
    it’s hard to do anything with network stuff

maxxxx
    Participant

As UPnP could be a very good feature. I’m gonna try to go the POSIX way.
    Thanks again

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password