Samba Share, connects but does not list directories

Home Forums Help and Support Samba Share, connects but does not list directories

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Goveynetcom
    Participant

I’m having an unusual problem. WIIMC will connect to a samba share but not list anything except the “up one level” button.

AnetQa
    Participant

Same problem here.

Windows 7 Share = works fine
    debian share = blank page (except the “up one level” button)

maybe a samba config issue?

testet with mplayerCE and there it works everything fine!

Goveynetcom
    Participant

Maybe this doesn’t work well with SAMBA but works ok with Microsoft Windows SMB/CIFS ?

AnetQa
    Participant

okay, i find a solution for me:

After reading the tracker http://www.wiimc.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=168
    I installed the newest samba backport for my debian lenny and now its working!!

Now i can enjoy my new media center 🙂
    its really a great application… i love this

Goveynetcom
    Participant

You beat me to it!

My fileserver happens to be running Debian Lenny. I’m gathering this has something to do with UTF-8 support but I don’t know what. This worked in one of two ways:

1. With Samba 3.2.5 (which is Debian Lenny’s included package) and WiiMC v1.04. There is still some instability with Samba shares that have directories with alot of files/directories, it just seems to cause the whole system to crash.
    Also USB media doesn’t work in this version well at all.

2. With Samba 3.4.8 (which is from Debian Lenny’s backports repository) and WiiMC 1.09+. This has pretty good stability for large directories, and of course USB media works well in this release.
    To enable backports you need to do the following

Goveynetcom
    Participant

I put together a Wiki Page on the Buffalo Nas-Central wiki (the Linkstationwiki) on how to use WiiMC with the Linkstation (at least under debian)

http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/WiiMC_-_Using_Wii_Media_Centre_with_the_LinkStation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password