SD card error (V1.3.0)

Home Forums Help and Support SD card error (V1.3.0)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Feady
    Participant

Hi.

Please see the two attached screen shots. What I’d like to know is why this error comes up. In the past I’ve been told the WiiMC can’t find the SD card, but the SD card doesn’t go anywhere, it still in the SD slot – so I don’t understand this. In fact, we never take it out. This gets to be a real pain when you’re trying to type in the FTP path to a network fodler and it doesn’t save when you exit out of the settings screens. This also happens when we’re watching files (for example having a marathon “Fringe” night), after two or three episodes we get this message.
    I wish I could directly edit the .xml file, but every time I do, WiiMC can’t find settings.xml.

bobnabob
    Participant

This Could be several causes.
    1st. Could be the lock tab on the sd card is moving to locked or half locked and blocking write attempts.

2nd. Could be just a bad card or a hard to write card,i’ve had a few sd cards do this for no reason.They would also write slower when installing files from my PC.

3rd. If this is happening after you are changing the settings.xml manualy then you might be entering bad syntax into the file itself.eg. Bad Characters. The .xml file is very close to .html, only a lot more Picky.Sometimes 1 mistype will break the whole file.Some Characters are not allowed at all.

Feady
    Participant

No, the error doesn’t come up from modifying the XML file, I only mentioned that since I thought changing the settlings that way might be a workaround to writing settings through WiiMC to the SD card.

It shouldn’t be related to the lock tab, since it’s always unlocked, and the SD card is never removed from the Wii (except when I need to manually update something). It could be a troublesome card, but I only ever get error messages from within WiiMC.

I can avoid (I think) the error if I update one FTP site (a NAS share) and then back out to main menu and shut down WIiMC. It appears that I can only write one set of parameters, relating to one FTP site before the card goes away. By totally exiting out of WiiMC I can write settings and be fairly confident that it’s not gonna crap out. It took me a great deal of debugging to figure this workaround out. Really, nobody should have to do that, thus why I brought it up. Open file handles or buffers?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password