Searching for a vulnerable IOS?

Home Forums Help and Support Searching for a vulnerable IOS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hippo20
    Participant

hello everyone.

I’m having trouble installing WiiMC and I guess it’s related to a vulnerable IOS.

first I installed WiiMC through homebrew browser, and it’d just hang when I started it. today I downloaded the WiiMC IOS installer, and it shows “Searching for a vulnerable IOS” and a Vista-style circling ring, and that’s it.

I used Custom IOS38 installer, cIOS installer for USB2 and cIOS 222/223 installer v4 (though I have no idea what I’m talking about here). just thought that WiiMC should work after that (or mplayer_ce for that matter, which doesn’t either).

so I don’t know, but doesn’t seem like I’m missing something here. any tips?

edit: mine is a LU72 with 4.2U. Wii settings menu still shows 4.2 (don’t know if it should).

BigAl
    Participant

Not sure, but maybe instal IOS 202 from this site first: http://wiimc.googlecode.com/files/IOS%20202%20Installer.zip … if you haven’t already … don’t know if that will work for you or not, but worth a try.

hippo20
    Participant

hey foxtwin. thanks for the reply.

that’s the installer that hangs “Searching…”. whenever I try to run that, WiiMC or mplayer_ce, my Wii instantly freezes and my remote turns off.

I’m thinking it has something to do with the newer Wiis, since I followed every step to unlock it (IOS 202, even DVDx, etc).

BigAl
    Participant

while i’ve never used the “dop ios” app, there may be something in there that can fix this – might need to search this forum and wiibrew.org for help with that

Lahassise
    Participant

Hi I have the same problem….WiiMC is blocked on “searching for a vulnerable IOS”….help me please.

rodries
    Keymaster

I’ll be putting out a new installer that should help. Same goes for the channel installer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password