setting up connection with synology ds212+

Home Forums Help and Support setting up connection with synology ds212+

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Izzy4121
    Participant

Before I had a NAS server I was able to make my wii make a connection with my pc. The connection with my NAS wasn’t that easy though, it worked fine for a moment, but right now it stopped working.

I don’t know if it’s the wii (it can connect to the internet), or my NAS, or my router.

I can connect with my pc to the NAS without any problem.

I use the following:

Screen name: Video’s
    Shared Ip: 192.168.1.3
    Shared map: Mijn Documenten
    User name: Steven
    Password: ….

username and password are those that i use to login to my NAS

Somebody ideas?

bobnabob
    Participant

Hi, You say it worked fine for a while,So this means something has changed and this is where i would start.if you have recently upgraded your version of wiimc then i would try falling back to the version you know worked.If this solves your problem then you may have found a bug.likewise if you are not at the current version of 1.3.0 then upgrade to it.
    You can test to see if your wifi is working inside of wiimc by going to the “world icon” and trying one of the online links like navi x or shoutcast.if these work then you can rule out a wii connection problem to your network.
    Whenever i have a networking problem I always start with simple settings and work my way up.Try setting up your NAS server with “Full access”,”No username”,No Password”,and a short “Share Name”.This way is Easier to track down errors and typo’s.Also need to find out what your NAS is using for “sharename” is it the screen name or the map name.try either

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password