Settings.xml file corrupted

Home Forums Help and Support Settings.xml file corrupted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    viper610
    Participant

After getting WiiMC all configured again after the recent Shoucast Radio outage ( during which time my FTP connections to my network HDD stopped working), I started tweaking it further – mostly so it was obvious for other family members where they should be looking for the files the wanted.

The next bug… as I mentioned elsewhere I encountered an error writing to the settings.xml file. This happened immediately after setting up my first FTP connection.

I tried a few things from here…. Sometimes the ftp definition would save and other times it wouldn’t. I seemed to have better success if I clicked on CANCEL and then OK, and then clicking on the MOVIE icon at the top left. If I clicked on the headphone icon, I always had trouble.

I tried editing the settings XML file in notepad directly on my laptop, but found it hard to follow to make heads or tales out of. I tried doing the same thing in wordpad, and managed to make it readable, but WiiMC wasn’t able to find the file after saving it with the FTP additions.

I managed to get it working to my satisfaction by adding all three FTP settings definitions and changing my theme preferences to “Blue” all at the same edit session. This has worked, but concerns me in that if I make future edits to the settings, will the file again become corrupt.

A bug I thought worth mentioning. Perhaps reverting to a TXT file instead of an XML file would help? Improving the file rename routine (writing over an open file usually causes problems in PC land at any rate).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password