SMB error. Someone please help.

Home Forums Help and Support SMB error. Someone please help.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hey, guys,
    I really need some help and I am not sure who to ask. First, let me say that I have really enjoyed using WiiMC and have been using it and the SMB Share feature for a few months right now. I love it!
    Sadly, i went to watch a movie today via stream through the SMB Share feature like I normally do and it’s not working at all. None of my settings have changed, I’ve done nothing differently, and now it’s not working! Ugh! This is so frustrating!
    I get the following error:
    “Failed to connect to network share.”
    I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it’s still not working.
    I would really appreciate any help that would lead to this issue getting resolved. I hope to be able to enjoy WiiMC and all that it has to offer again very soon. feel free to email me:
    bigredcape@gmail.com
    Thanks guys for all your help
    Best Regards,
    bigredcape

rodries
    Keymaster

If nothing changed in WiiMC, then something had to have changed somewhere else. Perhaps you install an antivirus or security update?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. how do i figure out where the problem is coming from? Could it be my router? I don’t recall doing any updates on any computer. Any tips on a fix?

cadbusca
    Participant

1. Do a WII network connection test to make sure the WII has connectivity.
    2. Wait until the network icon in the lower right corner of the homebrew menu stops blinking before loading WIIMC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went into the wii settings. Did a internet connection test. everything works fine. I have Netflix for the wii and that works to. It’s weird because SMB has been working fine. Now it doesn’t. I haven’t done anything any differently to my computer, either. Could it be a router issue, something I am missing with the network settings, maybe something I’ve missed on my computer?

Anonymous
    Inactive

could you tell me me how to set up an “SMB Share”. maybe if I undo everything and start from scratch my problems will be fixed. I don’t remember how to set up an “SMB Share”. Thanks for your help.

cadbusca
    Participant
    jekaman
    Participant

You probably did not have a static IP.
    Follow this tutorial:
    http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1300

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password