[Solved]1.1.0 lockup from Wii main channel menu

Home Forums Help and Support [Solved]1.1.0 lockup from Wii main channel menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JimShorts
    Participant

1) Version 1.1.0 breaks launching from Wii channel menu

I can report the channel worked with the old version from homebrew browser, when I upgraded within WiiMC to the latest version (1.1.0) I can launch it from homebrew channel but not from the main Wii channels menu.

It just freezes on the “WIIMC Loading, please wait” page, I have to power off the wii.

Everything’s using IOS58.

Problem is 100% reproduceable.

2) WiiMC crashes if you’re viewing an image file (jpg) and you hit ‘home’ button. Shows a register dump and says “Reloading in 8 seconds”. 100% reproduceable.

3) Colors grossly oversaturated, especially too much red. Both jpg image viewer and video playback.

Cool program! Thanks for making it.

rodries
    Keymaster

Re: the channel – did you try updating to the latest channel with the 1.5 installer?

JimShorts
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Re: the channel – did you try updating to the latest channel with the 1.5 installer?

Yep, that did it. I was trying to use the 1.4 channel installer with 1.1.0.

I manually installed the 1.5 channel installer in my apps directory (not available on homebrew browser at this moment) and that worked fine to install 1.1.0 on main channels menu.

Thanks!

JimShorts
    Participant

@puddles wrote:

3) Colors grossly oversaturated, especially too much red. Both jpg image viewer and video playback.

My bad, problem was on my end. My component -> vga adapter was horribly out of adjustment.

steveo1978
    Participant

I don’t want to spoil the party or anything, but even after d/ling the new channel update and uninstalling and reinstalling the channel, my wii still hangs at the logo while it is loading up.. loading the boot.dol from HBC works fine, though. 1.5 channel, 1.1.0 boot.dol..

Also, could you maybe release a forwarder channel? maybe that way we won’t have to keep updating the channel w/ nearly every new version.

rodries
    Keymaster

This is a forwarder channel, what are you talking about? We can’t/won’t release a self-contained channel – MPlayer needs a scratch area ie: SD/USB to operate.

timerider
    Participant

i just downloaded the latest, and seem to be having a hanging problem with the channel. it works from hbc. other than im using the latest downloades for WIIMC and WIIMC channel installer what can i tell you to help fix this problem

update, i just installed iso58, then uninstalled and reinstalled the channel. now the channel loader will get as far as loading please wait (before just black screen).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password