Stuck at "Initialising network"

Home Forums Help and Support Stuck at "Initialising network"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Seca99
    Participant

Hello,

Firstly I’d like to say I’ve been using WiiMC for several months now and I absolutely love it; it’s perfect. 🙂
    However, I’ve just moved house and for some reason it will no longer connect to the wireless network – despite everything (seemingly) remaining unchanged.

It sits at the “Initialising network” stage (actually, it does this for everything on the Wii — not just WiiMC, but I wasn’t sure where else to ask), but looking at the router (Billion Bipac 7800N) it’s been assigned an IP address by DHCP, though by the time I check it no longer remains connected (it is, however, still sitting at “Initialising network” on the Wii).

It’s in no way a range issue, the range is CONSIDERABLY closer than in the previous house, in fact it’s virtually within line-of-sight (part of a wall obstructing it, but it’s sitting by the door — from there it’s virtually half a room away, if I had a USB LAN adapter for it I could cable it directly [but I don’t, and shouldn’t have any reason to!?]).

I’ve tried:
    – clearing/resetting the connection settings (it can SEE the network just fine, full bars too ),
    – disabling the MAC filter,
    – disabling the encryption scheme (after alternating it and adjusting the Wii respectively),
    – changing the wireless channel (started with the far ends, and moved inwards, but I’m not seeing any real interference regardless),
    – forcing it to listen on b/g (as opposed to b/g/n), and just b (and g, couldn’t recall if the Wii used G or B),
    – assigning it a static IP address,
    – having it connect through another wireless router (Linksys WRT54G).

… but sadly, no luck thus far.

The only thing that’s DIFFERENT – and I’m not sure if this is obvious or not! – but the internet connection is NOT setup yet. As you’d imagine, I only intend to use the LAN with WiiMC… so I would hope this shouldn’t be a problem.
    Looking at the source code I would figure that it doesn’t require an internet connection (except for updates, and online media I’d imagine), but that’s the only thing I’ve been unable to test (right now I’m using a 3G modem to connect, but while I DO have a modem/router that “supports” these devices, it doesn’t appear to support my model… so I can’t get it to use that for testing :().

Does anyone have an ideas? If it’s not the internet connection, I’m wondering if perhaps the Wii was somehow damaged during the move (though I doubt it, I made sure that it was pretty safe)… though strictly sending/receiving is fine (as again, it can see the wireless networks, and according to the router it’s managed to be assigned an IP via DHCP).

Otherwise, I’m fairly out of ideas. Hopefully someone can help, thanks! 🙂

bobnabob
    Participant

Yes,Not having an internet connection is your problem.If you don’t have an internet connection it shuts down your Wifi.What you need to do to bypass this is reset everything,then find a buddy with internet and take your router and Wii to his house and set up a new connection.Keep these settings and bring it back to your house and as long as you don’t mess with anything on the wii or the router {Don’t rescan for wirless with wii,this will shut wifi back down if no internet was found} you can use Wifi until you get internet back.

Seca99
    Participant

Thanks for your confirmation! 🙂

I was actually able to confirm this myself just now, as the ADSL was setup extremely early within the ETA timeframe. Thanks a lot for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password