subtitle subfolder

Home Forums Feature Suggestions subtitle subfolder

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kooma
    Participant

Would it be possible to make a subtitle subfolder option for subtitles. Where you could specify a folder name that would be one level down from the folder containing the video file.

For example:

movies: //share1/movies/
    subtitle: ./subs/
    Result: //share1/movies/subs/ < == the subtitle file having the same name as the video file. In my case I have a lot of asian films on my HTPC and it would be a pain to keep the subtitle files in the same folder. Luckly vobsub filter lets you specify a specific folder or a default sub folder for subtitle files. Thus seperating the AVIs and misc sub files. Btw, WiiRC is pretty awesome. On par with XBMC in my book.

Bicet
    Participant

You have a couple of asian movies in /Movies
    It’s named asianmovie01.avi
    The subtitlefile should be something like asianmovie01.srt or in some other format
    asianmovie02.avi and sub asianmovie02.srt

Why would that be a pain ?

Or it’s even better to have a folder for every movie, like /Movies/Asianmovie01/ and /Movies/Asianmovie02/.
    Where you have your asianmovie01.avi and .srt. in /Movies/Asianmovie01/ etc.

dlcrook
    Participant

Hello,

I agree that a subtitle folder could be great, avoiding the subs to pollute the film folder (not while browsing on WiiMC of course since the subs are not listed) :ugeek:
    I do not think a folder per film is a good thing, I have removed mine very recently since it is a hell to maintain 🙁

This brings me to think of another improvement that could be done : display in the browser’s list when a sub is available for a video, maybe with an icon on the right or left of the file 💡
    I’ll create a dedicated topic for that !! :mrgreen:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘subtitle subfolder’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password