SUPPORT DOMAIN SHARES!!!!

Home Forums Feature Suggestions SUPPORT DOMAIN SHARES!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WyRm
    Participant

i cannot get this program to work with my network shares. Its something about it being on a domain. PLEASE SUPPORT!!!

http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119

Didier
    Participant

It seems unlikely that this is because of the Wii or software running on it, but more likely that there’s something wrong with your SMB configuration on the server side. The wii connects to your network on a workgroup, not a domain, so whatever you’ve got set up will have to work for workgroup connected systems.

barlycrn
    Participant

if you have a domain controller with a smb share on it…it is no different than a smb share on a member server (non-domain controller). what’s different is user authentication. with a member server, your username/password will be checked against the local accounts on the computer (right-click My Computer, Manage, Local Users and Groups, Users). when you have a domain controller, there are NO Local Users and Groups. your username/password has to be authenticated against the Active Directory database.

If username ‘wkgrpPC1wiimc’ is made to work, ‘mydomainwiimc’ should work also.

WyRm
    Participant

tantric has confirmed that he will not support domain shares (NEVER EVER). So I suggest making a small server that would run and supply WiiMC with the protocol it needs. It would be a program that is only friendly to WiiMC and WiiMC will always be able to find the server on the network. I have tried running small ftp server’s with no luck. This is a good suggestion because it would not only fix my problem, but those that are having connectivity problems this could be a quick and easy fix.

Daf11z
    Participant

@paradoxgrowth wrote:

tantric has confirmed that he will not support domain shares (NEVER EVER). So I suggest making a small server that would run and supply WiiMC with the protocol it needs. It would be a program that is only friendly to WiiMC and WiiMC will always be able to find the server on the network. I have tried running small ftp server’s with no luck. This is a good suggestion because it would not only fix my problem, but those that are having connectivity problems this could be a quick and easy fix.

Well, a quick and easy fix might be setting up the share on your server, then mapping a folder on a separate client machine that CAN support local users, with that folder mimicking what you want to see shared… Like a network drive mounted in a folder somewhere (what I do).

Share the folder on the client, and just connect the wii to that, instead of going straight after the server.

Make any sense? I sure as hell don’t know. 😆

WyRm
    Participant

Poohead, Thank you for your reply. I have thought of that however, all my clients are on the domain too. Also when i right click there is not option to share a mapped drive. I am using windows 7 ultimate on my clients. am i missing something? THANK YOU!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘SUPPORT DOMAIN SHARES!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password